DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow techs-

My PCM took a shit and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to purchase a replacement. I live way out and would need to order one online. Any suggestions would help. Thanks-

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,022 Posts
Hello fellow techs-

My PCM took a shit and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to purchase a replacement. I live way out and would need to order one online. Any suggestions would help. Thanks-
Carparts.com I think it's called. It's a online source for all major salvage years in the U.S. can probably find a almost new one for way cheaper than brand new.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carparts.com I think it's called. It's a online source for all major salvage years in the U.S. can probably find a almost new one for way cheaper than brand new.
Benny in the Mopar parts section was saying that hes pretty sure that some auto parts places can sell pre-programmed PCM's which is what Id need because the cost of a tow to a stealership would cost more than the actual part for me. Im going to look around at Carparts.com, O'Riellys, Autozone, ect.... and see whats out there.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,022 Posts
Benny in the Mopar parts section was saying that hes pretty sure that some auto parts places can sell pre-programmed PCM's which is what Id need because the cost of a tow to a stealership would cost more than the actual part for me. Im going to look around at Carparts.com, O'Riellys, Autozone, ect.... and see whats out there.
Yea I'm not sure if they have to be reprogrammed by a dealer or not but I'd say if you can find a salvage one for same year and model that's a good start.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'm not sure if they have to be reprogrammed by a dealer or not but I'd say if you can find a salvage one for same year and model that's a good start.
Yes- I think Im going to start searching around online next week and see what I can find. All I know is that I dont want to take to a dealership because I have hear some stories about folks getting ripped off. Thats why if I have the tools and knowledge, Id rather do it myself to save money and learn in the process

1 - 7 of 7 Posts