DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Pedal Commander, very easy plug and play.. WOW!!!! what a difference, i recommend it...

·
Registered
986 Posts
I agree it really makes a difference. City+4 is what was recommended by the guys on here and is what I run mine on. I haven't tried anything stronger than that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really dont care what the mpg is, when i want to pass a semi on the road, i want it to go NOW.. besides, its a truck. not a Honda. will use more gas.. i knew that when i bought the trk.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I ran mine in sport 4 for a few months and loved it, just set it to city 3 a couple weeks ago and mpg increased 3. I too dont really care too much of mpg, its a V8, its a truck, my foot is somewhat heavy...lol
Just sayin the different settings DO make a difference

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The engine performs exactly the same at wide open throttle. The ZF 8 speed has some fairly aggressive maps to match your natural driving habits especially with the 3.92.

I run a 100 lb wheel/tire with a half level and still manage 16 mixed winter gas, you guys must break the tires loose out of every corner. Oh, and that'd with 280 lbs of sand/salt on the rear tires...

I'm not knocking the PC as most who use (D)rive only will definitely love it, but I use ERS all the time so my map is probably the most aggressive for shift and throttle response. My truck drives similar to Sport (0) on my FIL's with the PC.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
I'm still on the fence if I want one or not. I have not read a single negative review, all positive on here. The YouTube reviews really put it in a positive perspective as well. Everyone who gets one seems to absolutely love it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You won't regret it if you buy it. Best $260 I've spent on a vehicle. Makes it feel like you have more power, even though you don't. I run in Sport +2. I think it feels the closest to having a direct connection to the throttle body (or carb), the way it used to feel. I know my fuel economy has dropped about 1 mpg but I don't really care. Like others have already said, I didn't buy this truck to save on gas. I can drive my old Honda Prelude for that.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just installed mine about 30 minutes ago. Set it to City+2 which seems to be a decent consensus of "somewhat normal".

First hit of the fun pedal? Crazy. I doubt Ill even ever try any of the Sport or Sport+ modes. City+2 might even be too much, Ill probably back it down to +1 or just 0.

This is the first actual "mod" Ive done and I like it. Its probably money better spent than on a CAI or something like that. You dont gain any actual power but at least it makes the truck more fun to drive :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just installed one on my Power Wagon last night. It is set at Sport+1 and i concur... WOW! Before I can blink I'm at 50 MPH.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am asking my girl to get me one for my bday next month. Where is the best place to purchase at a good price? I have seen them for $300, but $260 is even better if I knew where.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dont just pick a setting and leave it without a little butt dyno research!!! When i installed mine, tried all settings. Sport+ is a hoot but had a hard time leaving from a light casually! Found myself leaping across intersections like a bat outta hell, no such thing as feathering the gas. After my shit eatin grin trials, i set it on sport 3 for a more direct press foot to response go. Just recently dialed back to city but i like the response of sport 1 or 2

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am asking my girl to get me one for my bday next month. Where is the best place to purchase at a good price? I have seen them for $300, but $260 is even better if I knew where.
Just got mine yesterday. Bought it directly from PedalCommander.com and used 15for2018 for 15% off. Total was $255. :smileup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Everyone who has put this thing down, must not have one. It absolutely does way more than just act like your pressing the pedal further. No matter when I get on it now, the way I describe it is, it's just in the right gear all the time now. Now that its winter I turn it on and off depending on conditions. When its off it feels like I am pulling 10,000 pounds behind me. Turn back on, instant grin!!! For those on the fence, don't be. GET IT!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have one on my Challenger SRT and it's just amazing. Brings the days of the muscle car bygone era alive again. Eliminates the lag and just is so much fun to drive. The pedal commander for Dodge vehicles is interchangeable with any Dodge vehicle made from 2008 to current.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sigh...this forum is costly!!

Got mine from Amazon, $254.99, no tax, free 2-day prime shipping, Pedal Commander was seller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As nice as it sounds to have a more sensitive response and the adjustability to make it tame and then aggressive doesn't do it for me. In the end, it's still the same. Kind of like a pseudo effect to make you think you're getting more performance out of the truck when it's not. By all means not hating here, but with $250-$300 I rather spend it on gas or something else. To each his own though.

It reminds me a little bit of people that put lasers(trigger modification, etc) on pistols thinking it'll improve their shooting.

Again no disrespect. Just stating my opinion.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts