DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
My truck has the slight stutter when maintaining speed around 45 mph and taking a slight incline. I've noticed my PC makes the stutter more predominant. I need to disconnect the PC and see if this clears up my issue.
I decided to disconnect the Pedal Commander and amazingly the stutter disappeared.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have had pc for about two years. It failed and caused a limp mode type no throttle untill i shut truck off. Unplugged it. Truck ran like normal once i inplugged failed pc. To companies credit. I found it laying in side pocket of center console a couple weeks ago. Called vitalin, pc mfg,
They sent ups pick up label. Repaired pc and sent it back in a week or so.
Just plugged it back in today. Sport+ 4 is just crazy, touch pedal and she jumps, caused me to spill a pretty full cup of joe. So i remember where i kept it before, sport 2. It really does make truck feel much more responsive. Once you try it for a bit and go back tk stock, truck feels sooo slugish. I was super skeptical, and the fact that it completely failed in less then a year is concerning. Vitalin said the remapped it and fixed some loose connections on board....
I am going to use it this week on my 100miles a day and see if it remains fun or not.
I know i will beat a stock hemi off line with pc. No doubt. No lag, press on gas get instant response.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love mine. Funny story though. You might want to turn it off when taking it in for service. I had it on sport mode and was very used to it. Well the guy who pulled it out of the garage wasn’t. He spun the tires a little and looked over at me like wtf? LOL!

·
Super Moderator
34,680 Posts
I have had pc for about two years. It failed and caused a limp mode type no throttle untill i shut truck off. Unplugged it. Truck ran like normal once i inplugged failed pc. To companies credit. I found it laying in side pocket of center console a couple weeks ago. Called vitalin, pc mfg,
They sent ups pick up label. Repaired pc and sent it back in a week or so.
Just plugged it back in today. Sport+ 4 is just crazy, touch pedal and she jumps, caused me to spill a pretty full cup of joe. So i remember where i kept it before, sport 2. It really does make truck feel much more responsive. Once you try it for a bit and go back tk stock, truck feels sooo slugish. I was super skeptical, and the fact that it completely failed in less then a year is concerning. Vitalin said the remapped it and fixed some loose connections on board....
I am going to use it this week on my 100miles a day and see if it remains fun or not.
I know i will beat a stock hemi off line with pc. No doubt. No lag, press on gas get instant response.
Were you running it on an Eco setting when you had the failure?

·
Registered
182 Posts
No exo. I bever could see point in adding that mod to save gas......mfg found some of the solder on wires tk board where loose and they updated the mapping. It seams fine now, but its only been a couple days.
Sport+ 4 is crazy sensitive and truck literally lurches forward when i touch gas pedal. I am am sport +2 now and that seams like nice balance between throttle response and not spilling my coffee.
Those wjo said sometbkng anout mashing ped down. Its not like that at all. Its jist makes gas pedal .ore sensitive to touch, or more immediate in feedback. You touch gas pedal and it immediately revs engine. Without pc. You touch gas pedal and there is a mushy slow responce until. Its night and day. Why ram has so much lag programmed in in the first place is a question.

·
Super Moderator
34,680 Posts
Oh ok, I have read that using the Eco settings on 4th gen Hemi Rams will trigger the CEL and a code for some reason but can't remember what it was. I imagine part of the reason they are less sensitive stock is that they have to warranty the trucks, and hammering it off the line might cost them more schmeckles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who think pressing the pedal harder is the same thing better explain how I got almost a sec less on my 0-60 with the PC?? Yes I have the 8 speed 3:21.
I really dont care what the mpg is, when i want to pass a semi on the road, i want it to go NOW.. besides, its a truck. not a Honda. will use more gas.. i knew that when i bought the trk.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have had a PC on my 2017 Ecodiesel for most of it's 73,000 miles. Sport+2 seems to be as aggressive as I care for, so I just leave it in that mode. Hid mine inside the steering column, as my dealer "freaked out" a bit. My ED is tuned and with Sport+ 2 you need to baby her leaving a stop light, or you will be buying rear tires often! Quite amazing, if you put it in 4wd and punch it off the line!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts