DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally love the look. I don't think I could have installed a nicer cover on my truck. Installation wasn't as easy as some of the others, but not bad if you are a handyman/gal. I think for the money it's one of the best covers out there.

My only gripe is that I got some scratches on the side rails during installation. You have to flip the rails upside down to put them together and apparently I had FOD between the plastic I laid down and the painted finish. When I finished the install, I realized I had scratched them. Other than that, it is a beautifully designed and looking cover.

The cool part is that you just push down up in the front, and the whole thing folds away. Even my wifey was impressed :SHOCKED:

I know, some people are allergic to drilling four holes. I sprayed then with an anti rust spray. Besides, I had one of those tri-fold clamp on types on my SLT, and it actually rusted where the clamps hit the metal.

Anyone else has one of these?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on, you can't start a thread about a cover and not post any pics. I'm sure we would all like to see it, Soooooooooooo

:worthless:
Sounds pretty nice. Do you have any pictures to share?
I don't know what happened (too many brewskis) I went out to take a pic and didn't add it to the post. Here it is:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Looks Great! how much room does the cover/ hardware take up when the cover is open? Can you still put a couple dirtbikes in there?
On a side note, I get to see Zac Brown in Irvine next month! :D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
that looks sick ! nice work bro

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks Great! how much room does the cover/ hardware take up when the cover is open? Can you still put a couple dirtbikes in there?
On a side note, I get to see Zac Brown in Irvine next month! :D
Thanks. It folds up against the front side of the bed, and you lose about 6" of cargo. However, there is a latch on the passenger's side that unhooks the panels and you get your cargo space back. Very well designed.

Oh man, rub it in would you!!! I regret not going on a cruise with them back when I lived in Florida. My wife could not take the time off...she did say, "you can go honey"...that would have been marital suicide :greenchainsaw:

·
Registered
471 Posts
try ebay for the post hole covers........i do believe i seen them on there. i was lookin at this cover online and it stated that it isnt totally waterproof,they said it might leak slightly on the tailgate end. i really do like this cover and would only need it to cover the bed mostly as i dont haul alot. how is the fit on your tailgate? it looks great from what i can telll by your pic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
try ebay for the post hole covers........i do believe i seen them on there. i was lookin at this cover online and it stated that it isnt totally waterproof,they said it might leak slightly on the tailgate end. i really do like this cover and would only need it to cover the bed mostly as i dont haul alot. how is the fit on your tailgate? it looks great from what i can telll by your pic.
Thanks I'll try ebay.

I think with the peragon cover you have to install and adjusted it exactly to what the manual says. It's a pain in the arse, especially if you do it by yourself. The gap between the tail gate and the rear end of the rails has to be exactly 3/16"s...while keeping the vertical gap between siderails and bed also to 3/16"s, and the horizontal gap evenly on both sides. That allows the seal on the rearmost panel to seal against the tailgate properly. Not sure if it's totally waterproof, but to be honest man, I wasn't looking for a waterproof cover. My decision to go with the peragon was primarily because of looks, then function (ease of folding away), and then having all that for a fair price.

I think for total waterproofing the best cover would be one of those paintable one piece covers. Personally, I don't like the looks of those.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the links. I actually found them and bought them off of ebay for 8 bucks. It's a set specific for the 4th gen Rams.

Are you referring to the drilled holes? I used a marine salt water rust protector spray.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts