DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
these companies that produce these tuners should be embarrassed! This is what they do! they make programmers! Maybe they have never been challenged like this before, but the 2011 models have been out way long enough for this issue to be figured out! The excuse that "Dodge encrypted the computer system" is getting old! Hire some competent people and get it figured out! I know if it was taking me over a year to figure out something related to my job....id be looking for another job! Im just as mad at Dodge. i need a beer.

·
Registered
698 Posts
We know this "chip" issue comes up a whole lot here, and we know that the idea is usually poo-pooed fairly well for what sounds like reasonable grounds. However, has anyone gone ahead and purchased one, ran it, and reported any results? If I do anything like this, I like the flexibility of the programmer, but has anyone used one of these miracle chips you often see advertised in the margins here? Just curious.

On this issue of breaking the code on these models, there must be some reason they're trying to make it difficult. What is it? Any manufacturer knows that some folks are going to mod their vehicles, so why so much alleged attention to the computer code? If it was warranty, I'd almost bet a nickel that the onboard computer has some way of logging the fact that some aftermarket chip or programmer was added, so warranty could be voided if they felt it was necessary. So why should they care if someone adds a programmer? I think all liability would rest on the end user who added the programmer. Again...just curious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts