DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and to owning a ram. I just recently bought a white 2015 ram sport 1500 and I love it! But I really want to add bolt ons and upgrades. So far all I did was throw on a magnaflow muffler, but I really want to add a CAI/ram air intake, TB, headers, tuner, etc. I'm not really mechanically inclined so I'm not too knowledgeable about all the different things I can do. So I would really appreciate if yall could let me know the best ways add HP. Also which manufactures yall would recommend as well (the best company for a certain part)
Also I've been having some trouble finding some parts for my 2015 bc a lot of parts say they are for 2009-2014, but from what I understand, not much has changed since last years model..
As I said any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if there was already a thread like this, I looked but couldn't find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depending on how much you want to drop into your ride and not worried about your warranty being kicked to the curb. I bought a lot of my stuff from moes performance, they deal with nothing but dodge truck stuff. I did a custom cam from comp cams, due to the fact I tow a 24' boat around. My truck is a 06 but I'm sure there should be a lot of items readily available for your truck that would just bolt right up. For a cai I would highly suggest the Varram, I like the old school look and its performance is awesome also. There so much you can do if you have the money, time and want to. Good luck hope some of this helps

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
+1 on Moe's Performance. He knows his stuff and uses all the parts he sells. His shop truck, with just bolt on's runs 12.4 NA so he must being something right.
Jay

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would start with Moes performance. Matt that works there can help with any questions and he won't over sell you shit you don't need. Matt has most of the stuff I have listed he will let you know if they swap to a 2015 which most should. The tune you will have to buy a unlocked pcm as well

You sound like you will want a Diablo tuner with a custom tune. (hemifever is a vendor here and is a custom tune writer)

Intake either a S&B or a Vararam Wil be your best options

Headers I would go with 1 3/4" primaries. 3 options are ARH, Kooks,Or stainless steel works
If you go with 1 7/8 primaries you will lose bottom end power

A ported throttle isn't needed for these bolt on. If you want one Moes has a 87mm PTB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a bunch guys for all the quick responses. Although I am kinda familiar with Moes, I've never talked to him or asked him any questions.

Thanks WadXpress that was more of what I was looking for. I have been looking at different performance parts but even with research I couldn't decide on which one was best. Basically really looking for opinions on which ones yall like the best or ones yall have personally used on your own trucks.

Thanks again for all the responses!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Diablo T1000 tuner and a custom tune would be a good option.. But, if you have a major failure you can kiss your warranty goodby. You can do all the bolt ons but you still will need a custom tune to reprogram the on board computer to see real gains. A custom tune will tie all your mods together and maximize their potential.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diablo T1000 tuner and a custom tune would be a good option.. But, if you have a major failure you can kiss your warranty goodby. You can do all the bolt ons but you still will need a custom tune to reprogram the on board computer to see real gains. A custom tune will tie all your mods together and maximize their potential.
Thanks hammerhead what do you mean by major failure?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sporty, all the mods done to my truck are still in use today, it's my daily driver. I just need to get it custom tuned, then save my money for the heads to be done. I may just wait and do a stroker kit when it's time for a overhaul. I only have 109k miles and it's a 06. Visit my page and you will see a list of my mods I have. Like mentioned above the bolt ons and tune will all compliment each other. Welcome to your new addiction, it's like ink you get one you want more as painful as it may be you still want more. Oh and for the record,I like all my mods and have seen a very good increase in performance with each one, some more than others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on how much you want to drop into your ride and not worried about your warranty being kicked to the curb. I bought a lot of my stuff from moes performance, they deal with nothing but dodge truck stuff. I did a custom cam from comp cams, due to the fact I tow a 24' boat around. My truck is a 06 but I'm sure there should be a lot of items readily available for your truck that would just bolt right up. For a cai I would highly suggest the Varram, I like the old school look and its performance is awesome also. There so much you can do if you have the money, time and want to. Good luck hope some of this helps
Thanks Picasso I've heard great things about the vararam intake. I saw Moes kind of pushes a new 87 throttle body with the purchase but I've heard mixed reviews saying that all it does is add noise. What's your opinion on it? And as far as the warranty, I don't necessarily want to get rid of it but do you think it's absolutely needed? Like is there a big reason we're it would come in handy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 87 mm tb, it doesn't make any noise that I'm aware of. I have a Volant cai, but my buddy has a vararam, my opinion is I wish I woulda bought it before the Volant. I like the old school look and I don't think there is any noise difference. There again our engines are loader than your typical Hemi running around also. I have pacesetter long tube headers with the off-road 3" Y pipe straight into a 18" magnaflow muffler with turn downs. So I hear my lope more than the intake. As far as the warranty....I'm talking about on your truck from the dealer. It's very useful if you have any electrical, power train problem. It's better than you paying for it. I see you from New Orleans, I live in Terrytown on the westbank. We should hook up so you can see, hear and witness for yourself in person the mods you can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 87 mm tb, it doesn't make any noise that I'm aware of. I have a Volant cai, but my buddy has a vararam, my opinion is I wish I woulda bought it before the Volant. I like the old school look and I don't think there is any noise difference. There again our engines are loader than your typical Hemi running around also. I have pacesetter long tube headers with the off-road 3" Y pipe straight into a 18" magnaflow muffler with turn downs. So I hear my lope more than the intake. As far as the warranty....I'm talking about on your truck from the dealer. It's very useful if you have any electrical, power train problem. It's better than you paying for it. I see you from New Orleans, I live in Terrytown on the westbank. We should hook up so you can see, hear and witness for yourself in person the mods you can do.
Sounds good man and thanks for all the advice. Maybe one weekend I'm off ill hit you up and we can meet up by the lakefront or something.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agree with all, I have delt with Matt at Moes performance, great service and he won't sell you something you don't need.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts