DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought some philips xtreme power bulbs for my 2012 Express. I ordered the 9006 for the fog lights and they dont fit! They are too big to fit into the housing. According to a website, they discontinued making these so i am guessing that is why they dont fit. Not going to bother with the headlight bulbs because of way to replace isn't that easy.

Who has replaced their OEM bulbs and what are using? The OEM bulbs are junk! Also what is the proper bulb numbers for the headlights and fog lights for the 2012?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used the phillips extreme in the headlights and they are much better than stock. Still not awesome, but went from poor to good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry, i have duals, not quads.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I raised my low beams up a bit and everything is good now. technically you can crank the low beams up with the adjuster to the point they are higher than the high beams are in their stock config. The beauty of doing this you still have your fog lights on. I wouldn't go too high with them though or you'll start blinding people. I think you should give that a shot, it made a big difference for me, I believe mine were aimed too low from the factory

·
Registered
168 Posts
Where is the adjuster, is it easy to get to and adjust them? What needs to be done? Thanks!

I raised my low beams up a bit and everything is good now. technically you can crank the low beams up with the adjuster to the point they are higher than the high beams are in their stock config. The beauty of doing this you still have your fog lights on. I wouldn't go too high with them though or you'll start blinding people. I think you should give that a shot, it made a big difference for me, I believe mine were aimed too low from the factory

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the link! Seems simple enough. I think mine (stock) need to be raised just a tad... much lower than my minivan's are on the garage door...

here is a post from another site detailing this. Clockwise raises them btw. On mine it took 8 full turns to bring them to high beam levels, I only went up four complete turns. Keep track and do both sides the same number and you should be fine:

http://www.*************/f75/how-aim-your-headlights-4th-gen-rams-9156/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts