DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2015 Ram 1500 eco. Need Phone/GPS holder - Dash (NAV SUCKS)

ONCE I ran into an ad that was a phone/gps/whatever holder that replaced the “pencil holder” right above the radio. It fit perfect! Remove the two screws holding the rubber “pencil holder, fit right in with various mounts. At the time I thought it was pricy - i was wrong!

Since the NAV is worthless, it’s perfect for aftermarket GPs or phones.

I have searched everywhere - lost the link. I bought an aftermarket GPS, would be perfect mount, but cannot find it.

If I had the equipment, I would make one

Anyone else know the link, help a brother out?

Thanks!!!! Raff

Peace!

[email protected]

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the 2015 Ram 1500 eco. Need Phone/GPS holder - Dash (NAV SUCKS)

ONCE I ran into an ad that was a phone/gps/whatever holder that replaced the “pencil holder” right above the radio. It fit perfect! Remove the two screws holding the rubber “pencil holder, fit right in with various mounts. At the time I thought it was pricy - i was wrong!

I actually have this mount, will find where I ordered it...I loved it, but when I started mounting my Ipad in front of the Nav I had to remove it because was in the way. Bought it here:

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/213515-proclip-center-mount-heavy-duty-mounting-platform

VIC

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have the Bayou one been in my truck almost 5 years and the GPS hasn't moved.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Both Proclip and Bayou Goat mounts look plenty sturdy- I've used Proclip mounts in my '13 Challenger and my '09 MINI Clubman S. They both worked great, but dang, are they pricey!!
Given the choice, I'd probably go with the Bayou Goat one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
the bayou mount is the way to go

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
The arm I had a extra one but you can get them on E Bay, the flat plastic I also got on E Bay, I got plastic that had texture on it just so it would not have the smooth surface !
the ball and socket arm .. A couple links I found ! Hope it helps, and used the screw holes already in the dash pocket ! I did get a couple longer screws !
If you shop around you may save a buck of 2on these parts !

Genuine Garmin Gooseneck Arm For GPS Friction Bean Bag Mount Dash-Board Stand | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
The arm I had a extra one but you can get them on E Bay, the flat plastic I also got on E Bay, I got plastic that had texture on it just so it would not have the smooth surface !
the ball and socket arm .. A couple links I found ! Hope it helps, and used the screw holes already in the dash pocket ! I did get a couple longer screws !
If you shop around you may save a buck of 2on these parts !

Genuine Garmin Gooseneck Arm For GPS Friction Bean Bag Mount Dash-Board Stand | eBay

Cool Thank you !

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
your welcome. I did trace that rubbet mat in the pocket on the ABS piece for the shape ! You will have to trim some as the pocket has a bit of a taper ! . I did add a wall anchor in the hole of the arm, or you can fill that hole with plastic putty ! So far mine is still holding up :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts