DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Today was the day!

Here she is, just waiting for her new owner.....

So I added plates -

Started her up with 17kms on the clock.

Drover her to the Trim Shop to get the 3M clear protection installed on the bottom.

Left her there overnight so they can get to her first thing in the morning with 22kms on the clock.

Would prefer to be driving her than posting here, but the guy at the trim shop convinced me 3 trucks ago to get the clear put on before there's a single stone chip....and he was 100% right. My last 3 truck will attest to that.

So came home in my old clunker - :LOL:

Lease expires at end of the month, so I'll say good-bye to the good ol' beast then. :wavey:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope & Nope.
This ones a 1500, and the 4x4 is factory.
As she sits - ZERO Mods....clean slate.....A virgin!!!

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Nope & Nope.
This ones a 1500, and the 4x4 is factory.
As she sits - ZERO Mods....clean slate.....A virgin!!!
Oh really, just wondering why mine never came with those. Must be something new they are doing. Do you know where yours was built ? Mine came out of the Warren Truck plant. Anyway very nice looking truck in a familure kind of way. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh really, just wondering why mine never came with those. Must be something new they are doing. Do you know where yours was built ? Mine came out of the Warren Truck plant. Anyway very nice looking truck in a familure kind of way. :smiley_thumbs_up:
VIN - 1D7RV1GT9ASxxxxxx
S=Warren Assembly Plant

Now the super ultra really amazing cool thing...
I almost ordered the Laramie because of the transfer case.
But know that every time I looked at it, I would have wished I had the sport, so accepted the fact that the sport has the crash and go T-case. After all, I'd only notice it at shift time....

Just I went to back out from the dealership, I noticed the T-case switch has the 'Auto' function. Now I stand to be corrected, but I believe the auto function is only on the 246 and not the 243 T-case. If that's the case....
I just got my cake, and am eating it too!! (Insert happy dance :Banana01:)

Here's hoping......I will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW - Very early in the mod game.... the 4x4 decals are GONE!
If anyone is interested, I'll send the pieces to you for FREE.....all 11,000 of them.
Honestly, I would miss a single one....you can have them all. :)

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Congrats, Brad! I know this has been a long time acomin' for ya! I am really happy for you. You have been a great contributor to this website and I am sure it will only grow! Just don't forget about us now that you have another "girl" in your life. Please....don't forget about us.....

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who are you, and WHAT to you want ??
How'd you get this number ??

:LOL:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Brad...

She's a beauty. Did you buy or lease it? And are those 20's on there. Let me know what you think of the protection you are having done.

I look forward to hearing more about it.

Oh and for those decals... I
ll take me... but only if you tape all the pieces back together. ;)

Good luck with your new ride. Its awesome!!

Tim

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Problem, I will tape them together....will make for easier packaging!
Any particular order you want them taped in? :wavey:

This one I bought. The lease options in Canada are....well....not an option!
Took the 3 year - 0% option. Interest and me is a love/hate relationship. I love to collect it, hate to pay it. Gonna seem weird, I haven't bought a truck in.....well it was well before my Alzheimer's kicked in.

Yup!, those are the 20's. They're the ones that are standard with the Sport package (26L I think). Not super excited about the tires (not much of a Goodyear fan), but I'll try them for a while and give them the chance to impress me.

The protectant is a clear film, similar to sign decal but tougher and truly invisible, that is applied more like window tint than decal. I've had it applied to my last 3 trucks, and will never go without it again. I drive a fair bit of gravel roads, and don't even have mud flaps on my truck(s). Used to be that I'd wear the paint off right to metal in about 6 months. with this stuff, the rocker panel and inner fender lip have Zero stone chips. The product is amazing. AND, if you beat up the clear film bad enough, it can be removed and new stuff re-applied. The longest I've gone is 4 years, and that one was due to have the protectant replaced when I turned it in.
I also get them to put it on the inside door jam, where I kick the mud/snow off my shoes when entering the truck; and small patch above the tailgate handle to eliminate the scratching from your palm when closing the gate.
Costs me $400 for it all, installed. I know that I'm basically paying for labor, but it's worth it. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
48 Posts
nice truck man. love the color. ive always been a huge fan of black dodge trucks and yours just shows me why i love it. the 4x4 stickers are a little turn off though. glad to hear you got rid of those.

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
I like the look without the fender stickers, was just curious why yours has them and all the other 2010 sport 4x4s that I have seen on this site do not. Guess you just got Lucky, lol........ But sierously, why would the factory all of a sudden start putting them on ? I imagine they are going to be quite the pain to remove and could damage the paint if your not carefull. Good luck and post some pics when there gone.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup:Congrats on the new truck..............Very,,,very nice..........Love the colour...........Dont figure:LOL:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice truck man. love the color. ive always been a huge fan of black dodge trucks and yours just shows me why i love it. the 4x4 stickers are a little turn off though. glad to hear you got rid of those.
Haven't got rid of them yet. Just picked up the truck tonight from the trim shop, and just had to go for....well photo op, then a cruise. Tomorrow, is Mod day #1, and I think the decals are #1 mod!

Very nice looking truck! How long did it take your from your initial order until you received it?

Still waiting for mine....ordered 29 March ETA .....?
Ordered on 26 Feb, was told that the build wouldn't even start til end of May, but the truck showed up at the dealer on May 4th. Completely caught us both by surprise. Since I was planning on a July/August delivery, I didn't have the mods ordered, so May 5th I spent the day on the phone/internet and ordered like the bank was full. would have picked her up sooner, but it's been non-stop crap weather here, and I wasn't going to pickup a new truck only to have it dirty in 100'

I like the look without the fender stickers, was just curious why yours has them and all the other 2010 sport 4x4s that I have seen on this site do not. Guess you just got Lucky, lol........ But sierously, why would the factory all of a sudden start putting them on ? I imagine they are going to be quite the pain to remove and could damage the paint if your not carefull. Good luck and post some pics when there gone.
Well, there's good and bad to this story. Decals = Bad....but since I did spend a couple of years helping a friend in the vehicle stripping business, I learned how to remove those unglies without even touching the paint, so no worries there.
Updated T-case = GOOD. SOAB - they updated the T-case to the same one in the Laramies. 2H - 4 Auto - 4H - 4L I AM SO HAPPY!!!!! I almost gave up the Sport for the Laramie, just because of the T-case. Glad I stuck to Form before function...it worked out this time.

Today - Pick up truck from trim shop and bring home for photo op with 26kms on the clock -

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And here's a few more pix at 26km photo op.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Mods start tomorrow, so I will post a play by play....unless I just start putting on the miles and completely ignore the rest of the world... :LOL:

·
Registered
540 Posts
She really does look great! I look forward to seeing what mods you do. So dont get lost! LOL

Thans for the info on the protection film. So you only do the rocker and inside of the fedor's lips?

I got the same tires on mine... Well see. I wanna get the Nitto Grapplers though. Im liking them a lot.

Man Im really happy that you got your ride. Sitting here with a smile and i dont even know why. I guess it feels good when good things happen to good people.

Tim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts