DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Circle D 258mm Pro II 2800 stall tq this past weekend and have an appointment tomorrow to have it installed.....pics of the converter below.:smileup:

It's been a pretty good month for my Hemi just thought I'd share the other mods I've done to her.

Reworked my exhaust....I went from a 18" maggie to a 22" (longer and wider) and added the raceland e-cut out, already had the y-pipe. Now I can cruise in the city and hwy pretty much like stock, then go nascar whenever I want with the press of a button and laugh when I catch other trucks by surprise:hah:

Pic of the Fastman TB

Pic of the 180T from autozone

I added a Catch Can from ebay where I got it for 80 bucks shipped with a z-bracket. After about a two weeks I had about 1/4" of oil in it so its working just like the more expensive BT catch can.

After I get my Circle D tq installed I'll report back with results :smiley_thumbs_up:
The crappy news I have to share is my JBA shorty headers got pushed back for the 3rd time now to 5/4/12 which blows a big fat one!:smiledown:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your poor rear tires are going to hate your right foot very soon :smileup::smileup:

What's in your rear pumpkin ? 3.92's and a Limited slip?
Yes Sir! Hopefully I can burn the shityears up quick because next month most likely 22" kmc slides with 305 45 nitto 420s are coming and should grip a hell of alot better, Coupled with a ground force 2/3 drop, and hopefully a tuner :4-dontknow: should put me around the numbers you and your bro put down.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just dropped my truck off and should be ready by mid afternoon.....I will give you guys an update on first impressions later this evening.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update......
I just picked up my truck about hour ago and headed back home in rush hour traffic and I must say this TC is well worth it. This thing shifts up/down so much better and the rpms just spool up so quick. With a touch of the peddle this thing wants to move especially from a dead stop, much better than the stock stall. At hwy speeds (65mph or so) I floored it on the way back and it felt like a whole different truck, it goes from 2000rpm to 5000rpm probably twice as quick as the stock TC. Overall I'm happy with it so far and that's just driving it for a 30min drive. Here are pics of my tranny temp and mpg if anyone's interested. This was the highest temp on the tranny and it was from smashing the gas for the last two miles of the trip. I must say the mpg are right on par from the stock TC and probably should have been maybe 1mpg if I wasn't having a bit fun with it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you dont mind me asking, what was total price of the mod including TC and installation?
$850 for the circle d converter but they do offer cheaper ones for like $400-500 and then $225 for the install (that's including the fluids).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No $225 is a hell of a deal done at a performance shop here in houston....I think the $500 dollar range are for those 4x4 guys. You should find someone for $300 easily but hard to beat at an high performance shop that see's these trucks all the time. I felt reassured when I asked him about modding the flex plate and he stopped me before I could get out my sentence and told me exactly what I was gonna tell him. "The custom circle d tc use 3/8ths bolts while the stock uses 5/16ths (something like that) and they have to drill the flex plate to accommodate for the bigger bolts so it sets flush."

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you don't mind me asking what shop did you use?
Flaco's performance & tuning out of pasadena....I found him on houston performance trucks dot com website and he has modded some serious 1000hp+ trucks in the area and everyone has nothing but great things to say about his work. I called him last week and spoke with him and he originally gave me a quote of $250 but talked him down to $225. It was a 30 min drive for me, (live in the clear lake area) but was well worth it. I will say have your wife/gf or buddy drop you off because its gonna take probably about 6 hours to complete. I dropped it off at 1030am this morning, went to twin peaks ate and drank until 3pm, then my buddy dropped me off and I waited for 1 1/2 hr at the shop. The work it self didn't take that long (maybe 3 1/2 hrs) but he put it on the rack and let it cool down probably for 1 1/2 hr and worked on it, took a lunch break (maybe an hr), and came back and finished it up.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want one baaaad, but I don't think they are making one for the new six speed. thanks blackhemi for making me covenant my ram members TC:LOL:
:smileup: It does suck because your probably gonna be left worse off than us 2011 rams without tuning based on that tranny you have (even though its pretty much the same tranny just reworked).

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
The same converter that works in the 545rfe should work in the newer "six speed". It's literally an identical transmission in every way (even shift pattern). At least that's what I was told by transengineer IIRC. I'm not sure anyone has done it to verify, but it should work. Maybe PM and ask transengineer for his thoughts on it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
you think you can make some vids of you driving it alittle. since you have all those mods i would love to see the difference from stock to what you have from like 0-60 and highway passing. please. it would help me decide on mods better. dont have to many vids on youtube on 4 gens with these type of mods.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah bro I'll try to get something up within a week or so, next day off isn't till Wednesday.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah bud I live in the Houston area and we don't have many winters days where it gets below 20 degrees.... much less snow LOL. I've only had my TC installed for a week so I couldn't tell you either way

1 - 20 of 22 Posts