DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm sure there are lots of pictures out there but sometimes it's hard to tell.
I have a 2011 black crew sport. Right now I have the GTS black out covers over the head light and tail lights. I'm happy with the head light covers because I have not found any other headlights I would like besides paint the stock insides and I'm not signing up for that.
However, I'm not thrilled with the tail light covers. I want a set of recon smoked LEDs, but know I can spend $370 on something else I like better.
I have seen the Spyders that appear to look exactly like the recons, but I have not seen them on a truck. Does anyone have any smoked LED tail lights that look exactly like that recons that are in the low $200 range?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I will snap photos tomorrow of my spyders, was disapointed there not that dark at all, if I was you I would go clear with black plastics internal and then spray them. I am getting a can of night shades to black out my "tinted" tails, did a buddies the other day, a chevy with spyders, came out great and the lights showed up excellent

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of that mod......

·
Registered
573 Posts
I got the smoked Spyder tails too. I'm also going to VHT them soon as the weather clears because they weren't as dark as I thought they'd be. The lens is clear and the housing inside is a grey color.

·
Registered
406 Posts
^^^^ exactly what I have, im going to use VHT on the light also, BUT im going to tape off over the reverse and actual brake lights, be kind of a two tone affect, if I dont like it ill do it again over all of it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the responses and pictures. I was worried about the spyders not being as dark as I would prefer.

·
Registered
573 Posts
^^^^ exactly what I have, im going to use VHT on the light also, BUT im going to tape off over the reverse and actual brake lights, be kind of a two tone affect, if I dont like it ill do it again over all of it
I was thinking of just putting one light coat on the entire thing and see how it looks.
What pissed me off is my recon 3rd brake light is DARK, and these dont match at all
I know! It looks totally different and it pisses me off too. Just waiting for the weather to warm up now..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts