DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys,
First off, let me start by saying, I know this is the section for 4x4's! I purchased my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 2WD last year after driving Chevy Z71's for years. I NEVER put my vehicles in the mud, I just love the look of 4WD's, so I figured I didn't need a 4WD anymore. A year has gone by and I love my truck (it will haul ass with the 3.92 Rear End and the other mods I've done). I have gotten tired of the 2WD look, so it was either get rid of the 2WD and buy a 4WD, or make the 2WD look like a 4WD...The before and after pics will show the results! I love the outcome and wanted to share with other enthusiast's!

MODS:

5" Performance Accessories Lift (3" Body Lift & 2" Leveling Kit)
Moto Metal 955 (20x10) wheels
Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain 305/55R20 tires
Magnaflow 14" Single-In/Dual-Out Muffler (removed factory resonators)
K&N 77 Series FIPK Air Intake
*Still waiting on the Diablosport Predator Tuner to become available!

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
man that looks awesome. and i mean either way. that is on sick truck. i like that you kept the chrome rim look

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Bighorn 4 Life, typo brother on the gears, I meant 3.92! I purchased the R/T emblems from the dealership after I saw a 2011 Charger with the same emblem set-up at the dealership the day I bought my truck...I liked the look and wanted it for my truck, EVEN THOUGH it's not an R/T!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigHorn 4 Life, I see you have a Superchips 91 Octane Tune...Does the Tuner really help that much for these engines? I've had chips/programmers for all of my previous vehicles and didn't see much gain in power!

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
@ Bighorn 4 Life, typo brother on the gears, I meant 3.92! I purchased the R/T emblems from the dealership after I saw a 2011 Charger with the same emblem set-up at the dealership the day I bought my truck...I liked the look and wanted it for my truck, EVEN THOUGH it's not an R/T!
The R/T looks really good on there. All is good, I was just making sure you knew they 3.92's :). Some people don't.

BigHorn 4 Life, I see you have a Superchips 91 Octane Tune...Does the Tuner really help that much for these engines? I've had chips/programmers for all of my previous vehicles and didn't see much gain in power!
Even with 87 tune I can tell a difference. 91tune shaved off .2 seconds so pretty happy about that. I ran from 0-60 with 87 tune and Got 6.71. I ran the same on 91tune and got 6.51. So I think it makes a huge difference. Expecially with the right size tires in the computer. Running these times with 37's is pretty good if you ask me. I have a 14" magnaflow in it now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NONE HenDom! I love the set-up I chose...actually, people are amazed when I tell them it's only 5"! They say it looks like 7 or 8 inches to them...the top of the fenders measure 8 3/4" from the tires all the way around...perfect for 33" tires...I have seen a guy's truck with the same set-up running 35" tires and it looks good, just less fenderwell space.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just curious how much did your mileage drop? And r those 33 or 35s tires im looking to go with the same set up on my truck. thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you know if you can run the stock rims with the 305/55r20 tires with no rubbing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great looking truck ProudDaddy! I'm in the same boat, sort of. Got a great deal on our '09 1500 2wd and couldn't turn it down. But I've always loved 4wd and the look of a lifted 4wd. There's so many discussions on the leveling kits for the 2wd but yours looks great. Would you happen to have the part number for the level kit? Thanks! And I'm shopping for wheels/tires right now so the pics help a ton!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, awesome looking truck! I was looking at that same lift, have anything you don't like about it? Did you install it yourself? What kind of pricing did you get on it if u don't mind me asking

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
absolutley beautiful bud...love the new stance

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks really good! I like the mostly debadged look and the r/t badge looks good there! the new stance looks wicked!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts