DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's what I did, took off the inner door panel and opened that rubber flap, reached my arm in there and sprayed around inside.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
I would say that it was not properly prepped before paint ! IMO should not look like that. Will check my 2015 tomorrow

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The build date of the truck was august '16, it was at a dealer in pittsburgh until late February 2017, when it was brought to me in Rochester, NY with 330 miles on it. I am in a salt spreading area, however, i drove it of the lot on 2/26/17, and from that point, we only had a few salt runs before it warmed up for the spring. My 2004 2500 inner door jambs were in factory condition when i got rid of it in 2013 for comparison..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Get in touch with the regional service rep (can't remember the correct name) document every interaction, and demand repairs.
We should all check this area, possible class action suit?
Plus 1 on this BS. Be a royal PIA until it is fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
125 Posts
2015 1500 Longhorn.

I'm in Ontario Canada....salt /salt brine king of the world I'd say. truck washed only after 3 months of bad weather. Krown rust control in November of every year so far.

I looked, and found no rust anywhere.....my only problem is dash rattles, witch drive me crazy!!!!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
2014 here and I have had mine Krown every year. They spray enough in there that it drips out of the holes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is there a possibility it was flooded at some point? It did sit on the lot for a good while and if the area is prone to flooding, who knows? Just wondering.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have you seen a 4th gen with rotted out door bottoms?
My 2008 had just started to get crunchy at the door bottoms. Even though I garaged it at night, it spent most of its life in CT where they use nasty chemicals, salt, and sand on the roads. That's one of the reasons I traded it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
the truck has a build date of august 2016, it spent its early days at a dealer in Pittsburgh, so flooding wouldn't be an issue. the rest of the doors are fine, as soon as i noticed this, i stripped the gaskets from the rest of the doors to check.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know that's gotta suck. I agree with Catrucker and Kickstart. Be a Royal PITA AH until it's like it should be.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,442 Posts
My 13 is fine no rust anywhere. What was the outcome with the dealer?

·
Registered
35 Posts
rust in new rams

Some of your rust posts on new trucks got me thinking. Like I said just thinking,,,now out loud!!!LOL! During the hurricanes in Texas and Florida,,, of course new car dealerships got flooded out also, just like everyone else. I would hope that these "NEW" flood damaged trucks were destroyed instead of cleaned up and sold as pristine NEW trucks. Just my thoughts guys. The flood waters were obviously salt water brought in by the storms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You read it right, recently I was cleaning the door jambs and I decided to remove the rubber gaskets on the lower inside of the doors, the ones held on by the plastic push pins, to clean off the gunk and road grime. I was disgusted by what I found. Rust has already taken hold on the metal of the rear driver door. I went to the purchasing dealer for an oil change soon thereafter, and while the salesman couldn't be bothered, he was at least kind enough to point me in the direction of the service manager. The SM kindly went outside with me, and when I removed the gasket, he was surprised by what he saw. He told me that should it "rust thru" during the warranty period, DC will replace the door, rather than try and fix and repaint. He didn't elaborate on what "rust thru" entailed, but my guess is that it will "never be a big enough hole" for them to do anything about it. What would you all do, and what should I document, has anyone had issues on a truck this new before?
Get it done now! My dealer told me i waited too long so they wont repair it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If it has not perforated yet but is on the way ,you could always accelerate the process. There are lots of products that make things rust. Just a thought.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts