DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what possessed me to cut the son of a bitch out. Though I do have my moments where I see something I want done and come hell or high water I will succeed.

First off, tearing out the factory bed liner can be done by one person. However, two people would make for less cussing, less scraps and cuts, and again, less cussing. In the end I ****ing won! Oh and for the record I am getting a spray in liner before we take our vacation in early June.

Tools used: hex driver and hedge trimmers (not kidding).

Cant' see it very well but there's a white-colored film across the top...

Must clean it out! This was all hidden beneath the liner, hello future rust!

Adios liner! (giving it to a company employee)

I removed the center dash because......IT'S GETTING PAINTED THIS WEEK! YEAH!!! I don't know exactly all the pieces I'm sending. I do have a specific question though, further down.

Don't cut the blue wire!

On this picture, and the one beneath it, HOW IN THE HELL do the bezels surrounding the A/C vents come off?! I have tinkered with every clip and it doesn't budge! I'm also trying to remove the A/C bezels closest to each door. I've got them out, but not removed. It's a mega PITA I must say.

Closer picture...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
IIRC those vents are very very very flimsy and break easily, be careful

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vents are all out, and yeah removing them takes a lot of caution. None of mine snapped thankfully.

You should see my interior. I have no A/C vents, no radio console, and no floor console---just the electronics hooked into the controls. My painter said by next week I will have them back. I even had him paint the engine cover.

Course you know I'll post pictures when the time comes.

Reactions: InDeepWaterBlue

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Painter said they'll be finished by the middle of this next week he does this on the side. Tuesday morning I'm having RhinoLiner done, quote was $430 for over the rails.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
***PIC HEAVY!!!*** Liner/Windows/Camera/Painted Dash

I'm like a little kid at Christmas!

RhinoLiner sprayed in 05/01/12. $410

Windows tinted. 5% rear glass, 5% rear windows, 40% driver/passenger, 5% 9" lip across front windshield. $160

Backup Camera installed to NAV-TV unit.
$300, includes parts and labor.

Engine cover painted blue and interior pieces painted to match. $200
This is by far my most loved modification. Out of every single thing I've done so far to the truck having the interior pieces painted to match is #1. I love the final look. I am going back after June to have the raised letters painted gray make the look pop more on both the engine cover and console "DODGE" lettering.

Left A/C vent.

Right A/C vent.

DODGE lettering, will be painted gray later.

3 of 4 main center console pieces in the sun, the color really pops I think.

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. I take pride in making this truck my own and through the wonderful members, countless threads, stickies, and previous guinea pigs, you have helped make this possible.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all!

The chrome piece is my only worry, used a promoter then sprayed then cleared a couple times. If anything will flake it'll be that console trim square piece.

I've still got to have the tail lights and 3rd brake light tinted, that's after we paint the emblems. Must stop thinking about more mods...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
looks good. I'm wishing I had the time and money to have this done to mine

Exco

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya but it beats having that sun reflect off that chrome piece into your eyes lol You should be ok with the adhesion promoter though just one of those things you kind of have to be careful about
I know right! I kept coming across a few posts about the chrome reflecting sunlight and (sorry) I kept thinking "Wow what a bunch of sissies." Hehe. Ate my words when it happened to me, nearly sideswiped a car in the turn lane. I really couldn't see a thing for a few seconds!

Oh and I also need blue LEDs now. asdfjkl;

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Change out the dome light for starters. Footwell LED strips should be simple enough, sounds like zip ties for securing since there's no real anchor bracket. Swap the map lights out too.

I have to read more into that tiny little green LED, it seems more an afterthought by Dodge. Most of this is purely changing the cab lighting. I'm not one for any ground effects, I'll leave that to the civics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.