DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the pinouts for the uconnect mirror with auto dim? part number
55157457AB, 55157457AC??

Mainly want to know what wires go to the power and negative for the auto dim, and what wires go to the plug in the back of the 730N.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Pin Circuit Wire Color Gauge/Size Function
A1 X712 DG/LB 22 MICROPHONE 1 IN (+)
A2 X792 DB 22 MICROPHONE IN (-)
A3 X722 LB/DG 22 MICROPHONE 2 IN (+)
A4 NO CONNECTION
A5 NO CONNECTION
A6 NO CONNECTION
A7 NO CONNECTION
A8 Z911 BK/LG 18 GROUND
A9 L1 WT/RD 18 BACKUP LAMP FEED
A10 X835 OR/GY 22 SENSOR GROUND
A11 NO CONNECTION
A12 NO CONNECTION
A13 F943 PK/LG 18 FUSED IGNITION RUN-START CONTROL OUTPUT
A14 P112 TN/OR 22 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (+)
A15 X793 DG/YL 22 MICROPHONE FEED
A16 P114 TN/WT 22 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (-)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, to power the auto dim, I took up the A14 to + and A16 to - for the mircophone I hook up A1 + and A2 -? There are two microphones on the mirror?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yup, 2 microphones in the mirror.. You can see them on the top of the mirror

Andy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received mircophone/autodim mirror

OK y'all, I received my used mirror today, this mirror came from a parts place, they cut the wire at the roof line leaving the mirror connector intact. I posted a picture of the wire colors. They do not match the specs listed in this post from earlier. This mirror part number is the right one, it came from an 09. I would like to use this connector and extend the wires myself, saving me about $100 from buying the cable online. Thoughts on what wire goes to the radio using these wires? I have the plug that goes to the radio.

mirror-wires-3.jpg

·
Registered
801 Posts
You may want to pay attention to the connector and pinouts given in post #2 and not worry with the colors of the wires. Wire colors can change but the pinouts should be the same.

OK y'all, I received my used mirror today, this mirror came from a parts place, they cut the wire at the roof line leaving the mirror connector intact. I posted a picture of the wire colors. They do not match the specs listed in this post from earlier. This mirror part number is the right one, it came from an 09. I would like to use this connector and extend the wires myself, saving me about $100 from buying the cable online. Thoughts on what wire goes to the radio using these wires? I have the plug that goes to the radio.

View attachment 31555

·
Registered
226 Posts
The diagram you have here looks to be the wiring for the microphones to the RER or the RHR radios. If you have any other radios, this wiring diagram will not be correct. Plus, this only covers the microphones, it does not cover the rest of the signals needed to properly wire the mirror, like +12V, Ground, Reverse wire, etc..

Andy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the positive and negative for the auto dim mirror portion. From the wire harness from mopar (82211868) the power portion is routed outside of the harness and it connects to the cigarette lighter in the center console (I have the center console) and from the install instructions (K6869552) the 3rd wire that accompanies the + and - wires is not used and terminated.

I am correct in my assumption? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I believe that the third wire is an electrical shield and would go to chassis ground. If I am correct, then it's there to reduce interference from motor noise, etc and would only need to be connected on one side for it to be effective.

Andy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Excellent

Thank you for this thresd - I've been loooking for wiring info on the mirror for days now to hard wire my radar detector :smileup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone have an idea on how to splice the factory mirror harness into a uconnect harness. i've tried it by trail and error and i can get it to work but I have really bad static. I dont want to end up using the little mic but things aren't looking good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Ram Tech,
I'm trying to splice in the microphones to an aftermarket Kenwood head unit. Behind the stereo is an 3.5 mm input jack for an external microphone. Im looking to splice in the factory microphone instead of having to use the microphone given. I just don't want to have to see the microphone hanging from my headliner. I noticed there are 4 microphone connectors here. Im assuming thats because there are 2 microphones but what is A15 Microphone Feed? I get I can splice A1 and A3 together for the positive and use A2 as the negative but A15 throws me off. Please advise.

Thanks,
-Henry

Pin Circuit Wire Color Gauge/Size Function
A1 X712 DG/LB 22 MICROPHONE 1 IN (+)
A2 X792 DB 22 MICROPHONE IN (-)
A3 X722 LB/DG 22 MICROPHONE 2 IN (+)
A4 NO CONNECTION
A5 NO CONNECTION
A6 NO CONNECTION
A7 NO CONNECTION
A8 Z911 BK/LG 18 GROUND
A9 L1 WT/RD 18 BACKUP LAMP FEED
A10 X835 OR/GY 22 SENSOR GROUND
A11 NO CONNECTION
A12 NO CONNECTION
A13 F943 PK/LG 18 FUSED IGNITION RUN-START CONTROL OUTPUT
A14 P112 TN/OR 22 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (+)
A15 X793 DG/YL 22 MICROPHONE FEED
A16 P114 TN/WT 22 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts