DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently install a pioneer avh-p2300dvd system in my 05 ram and I can't find the parking brake wire to enable video. Any one have an idea of where this is or if I can tap into another wire to make it think I have the parking brake on all the time?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am not sure where the parking brake wire is on the dodge. But this video will show you how to hook up a simple relay to the head-unit to make it think it is always grounded with the parking brake. I cant imagine the relay costing over a couple bucks. Good luck!

Click for video

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just hook it up to a good ground and you will be able to watch video while driving. The reason they want you to hook it up to the parking break is so you cannot use your video while driving.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just hook it up to a good ground and you will be able to watch video while driving. The reason they want you to hook it up to the parking break is so you cannot use your video while driving.
Sorry, but just grounding it will not work on this model. They have made these newer models smarter. Check out the video. Its such a PITA anymore, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts