DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have already used plastidip to paint my rams heads, and I plan on using it on my rims in the summer. My question is how does this product hold up against cleaning agents and or car washes? I would hate to spend the time to paint my rims and then it peels off after the first wash

Any experiences?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I painted mine last year and haven't had any problems at all. I've been through quite a few automatic car washes, even the ones that blast the wheels with the pressure washer. Now I wouldn't hold a pressure washer right up to it for a long time, but mine have held up remarkably well.

Here's some pictures, because I can! Lol. Oh, and for what it's worth, I really like the look of leaving the lip of the rim unpainted, that way it doesn't all blend together with the tire and look like a big black blob. But really just personal taste. Good luck, let us know how it comes out!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a fine looking paint job you did there! I plan on doing the same, however, since I havea flame red truck, I want to do the lip with the red plastidip. Thanks for the info, now I am more confident about doing this.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
You know you dont need to tape the tires off just paint your rims and get it on the tire then when dry run a toothpick under the bead and boom peels right off the tire

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks good! I want to do this to mine, as I hate the rims on the 05, but has anybody mentioned having trouble with the lugs staying tight if you spray it down in the bore at all, just wondering?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have done all my exterior , hemi logo, ram head front and back, and exhaust tips and all have held on fine through the car washes. Had a bit of trouble with the lip of the rims but just did and extra heavy coat on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts