DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the nerve to finally take off the badges off the doors, fenders and tailgate. I plasti-dipped the ram heads on the front grill and tailgate. It started raining and the truck is dirty so I'll post some pics when the weather clears up and I have the truck cleaned up. If y'all are looking for some emblems I have them for sale.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why anyone would even start a thread without pics waiting and ready cause without them the crowds grow restless.

I can't wait to see these myself as I am leaning towards that direction

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes I wonder why anyone would even start a thread without pics waiting and ready cause without them the crowds grow restless.

I can't wait to see these myself as I am leaning towards that direction
For this exact reason! :LOL: I'll have the pics up tomorrow, still raining today.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What does "plasti-dipped" do or what is it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plasti dip is a product that you can use to put a rubberized coating on anything. It comes in either spray form or brush on. It requires no sanding, just make sure what ever you are going to coat that you clean it off and dry it off. It's very durable and at the same time you can easily peel and remove the coating and no one will know you had done anything.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks I appreciate it. I put on another coat on the emblems today and I didn't have time to take a picture of the front but I will tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. I put on another coat on the emblems today and I didn't have time to take a picture of the front but I will tomorrow.
IDK....First the thread starts with no pix....then a teaser post.. :SHOCKED:

:LOL:

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Just how did you get those badges off without ruining them? Sub'd...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You use a fishin line like a saw and cut back and forth behind the emblem and use a hair dryer to heat up the double stick tape to make it easier. The you use goo gone to clean up any left over adhesive.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Badge looks great, nice job. Thanks for finally posting a pictures.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts