DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's official!! I'm hooked on Plasti Dip - grilles and the exhaust tips went black, they look killer, doin the wheels this weekend.

Also if any Calgary members want to go "naked" I have a rubber eraser wheel here at the house and can make quick work de-badging your truck.

so far I've done my truck, Bonzai's and BDG's truck.

don't mind helping where I can.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
^^^^Now that was funny!!!!!

Oh Kurtis how can you be afraid of a little rubber wheel?

·
Registered
88 Posts
This thread needs more pictures! :)

BTW, how did the lift go?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sounds good with the Plasti Dip Chris. Cant waite for the pic's. Did you manage to find somewhere in Calgary still selling it ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2011 Mineral Grey sport and have been researching doing the plasti dip! You have gotta post the pics, I can't wait to see how it looks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys pics will be up this afternoon, I even went as far as plasti dipping my pin mounts for my Challenger, saved me $200 in powder coating at least for now until I've set the pins where I want them hahaha.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Did you find anywhere that still sells Plasti Dip in Calgary Chris ??

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
cant wait to see the pics bud

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok here are the quick ones I snapped this morning:

here is the before:

here's the after:

here are the exhaust tips:

I'm doing the rams head this afternoon, and hoping my headlight & tail light covers arrive Monday.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just blacking out the chrome parts, I think doing the entire grille would look a tad bit overkill on my color truck. I just did the rams head on the grille tonight, the tailgate gets done tomorrow.

as for the temp ratings, plasti dip can handle up to +93C to -34C, and with the amount of heat that is actually generated at the tip point, it is pretty minimal, so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
229 Posts
just blacking out the chrome parts, I think doing the entire grille would look a tad bit overkill on my color truck. I just did the rams head on the grille tonight, the tailgate gets done tomorrow.

as for the temp ratings, plasti dip can handle up to +93C to -34C, and with the amount of heat that is actually generated at the tip point, it is pretty minimal, so I'm not worried.

i was so interesting in doing my exchaust tips also for the black look.. its the only thing chrome left on my truck. did you tape the inside of the pipes off and just go all the way around? and it really wont melt or peal??

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I may steal this idea from you. I really like the look and I hate chrome. And it's cheap! Thanks for the ideas!

Are those HID headlights?
no worries, the best part is it all peels off/ yes HID in the heads and fogs

i was so interesting in doing my exchaust tips also for the black look.. its the only thing chrome left on my truck. did you tape the inside of the pipes off and just go all the way around? and it really wont melt or peal??
I took them off the truck and just sprayed, no masking, hasn't peeled in a week, and we had snow, rocks and salt, so far soooooo good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts