DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i got bored this weekend and decided to black out my rims, grill and back emblem with plasti dip. This stuff is amazing, i've driven it through the rain and what not and not a single scratch. But the crazy thing is i can peel it off if i want to. Took about 5 cans total to do the whole truck. Hope you like the pics! In two days i plan on doing the back and front bumpers:thk:

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
yea man I did my grille and decided i didn't like the whole thing blacked out so i stripped the edges off and left the center blacked out. looks amazing now. the stuff is awesome i must agree

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks great! i like the idea of removing it, I looked into it a while ago but it is alot more expensive up here and is very hard to come by

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good been meaning to do my wheels if i get a warm weekend.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is the Plasti dip a spray can? It looks dull on the parts you painted. IMO I don't really care for the dull finish looks kinda cheap. Nice truck though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the Plasti dip a spray can? It looks dull on the parts you painted. IMO I don't really care for the dull finish looks kinda cheap. Nice truck though.
They have a plastidip glossifier now, just acts as a clear coat. BTW the truck looks great! what made you decide not to plastidip the from ram emblem?

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's matte black it's supposed to have a dullness to it. If you want it shiny you buy the glossifier to give it a shiny look as bugaboo has stated before me.

Your wheels look just like mine!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where can you buy this stuff? And also do you have to remove the parts from the truck to paint them? My entire truck is black except for my door handles. This would work perfect for that if I can leave them on and do it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great Job man! My buddy BlueStreak2012 and I just did his wheels this weekend. Hopefully he will post some pics on here so I don't have to do it for him!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it's been a week now and its holding up amazing, didn't get a chance to do the bumpers but i did tint the tail lights with VHT night shade and they turned out great

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Turned out well!! Yea that stuff is amazing, esp. for $6 a can at Home Depot (I think they have it in red and white too). I also did my rims a few months ago and the stuff is holding up really well (been through several car washes too). I am debating whether to the cladding next or just paint it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They have a plastidip glossifier now, just acts as a clear coat. BTW the truck looks great! what made you decide not to plastidip the from ram emblem?
I originally did the ram emblem but i like the contrast better so i just peeled it off...that's whats great about the stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts