DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I was thinking about plasti dipping my rims on my 01 1500. I have the 3 column rims and I've seen some pics that look really good. And downsides to dipping them? Any tips or tricks? I'd prefer to do it with them on the truck, but if it's really hard I'll take em off. Let me know what u think of the idea.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone,
I was thinking about plasti dipping my rims on my 01 1500. I have the 3 column rims and I've seen some pics that look really good. And downsides to dipping them? Any tips or tricks? I'd prefer to do it with them on the truck, but if it's really hard I'll take em off. Let me know what u think of the idea.
Check out my thread i started about this. Got pics of mine plus a couple other guys uploaded some as well. I've got instructions in there too. Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions!:smiley_thumbs_up:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=206956

·
Registered
951 Posts
Some tips are:
-Start off with two light coats every time

-You can do them with the wheels still on the truck, but you may have to go back and touch up a lot of the crevices that way, and there is a chance of the dip running if you spray too much

-Never dip when wet, or even damp

-Carry a bottle of 50% Simple Green and 50% water with you. If you get mud or dirt on them it is a pain to get off if you wait too long, spray some of this on and let it sit, then rinse off, or you can wipe it down with a non abrasive rag and then rinse

-The dip holds up really well if you do 5+ coats. I've been through mud, streams, trails, etc and mine still look great. And they are really easy to touch up if needed.

-Don't dip your lug nuts, when ever you go to take them off it mangles up the dip and looks bad, just get black lug nuts instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts