DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I sprayed the wheels white with plasti dip that I ordered from Summit, I took the wheels off washed them taped off the clad area and then sprayed with the plasti dip, took more time to tape than it did to spray, dry and put back on, not sure how hard they will be to keep clean but I can always peel it off and have them painted. Should also help protect them through the winter.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel

Blue Alloy wheel Wheel Rim Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Damn does that ever look good! Nice little mod!

·
Registered
306 Posts
damn that looks sweet i thought about doing white before i went with black

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wheels look great,I think I just found my next mod.........now to find where I left the Plasti-Dip.........:smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
:smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
how does the brake dust show on em??

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Damn thats looks sweet man oh and as far as taping your tire off i found out you can skip that part spray it then when done run something sharp under the rim and it peels right off the tire.

But once again very nice

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the airport park wash it while I was out of town this week and the left rear wheel got messed up to the point that i just peeled it off. I dont know if they hit it with a power washer or if it was the tire treatment, so far not to impressed with the durability of it and I havent driven it enough to see if there is any brake dust cleaning issues but peeling it off was so easy!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
racer the durability of mine have been great! i used a can per wheel tho lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks Good. Works well with the white truck. Gotta Love a lowered Crew Cab. :smileup: How do you keep that front licence plate from getting bent?

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used flexible steel strips and it does scrape at times a bit but the way I mounted it flexes back when it scrapes. what’s funny is the frame is aluminum and when it scrapes everyone around looks. Sounds loud but it’s also my “curb feeler” for the front as I do not want to scrape the painted lower! Stupid front plate I hope I wear it out!! Not to sure how good it is going to be in the snow!

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Back to chrome, it started peeling on all 4 wheels on the edge between the chrome clad and the wheel, looked bad so I let the kids peel it off, I have used the black before and think it works way better than the white. bummer because I liked the white.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Hey white with black wheels is hott!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts