DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing exterior lighting on my truck and have been trying to decide where to put my switches on the interior. I want them to be close enough to where I don't have to lean forward to flick the switches. I've decided I want to install them on the piece of plastic where the cigarette lighter is. The problem is there's a big hole where the lighter is. I want to find out if I can replace that piece of plastic with one that doesn't have the lighter hole. I haven't found one online as of yet, but knew if there was a place to get it ya'll would be able to point me in the right direction. I figure worst case senario I can re manufacture that piece but a nice shiny new one would be the better route. Thanks.
Zach

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
You could always take a thin piece of metal behind it to mount the switch. that plastic is probably going to break again!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just purchase two different switch panels and a fuse block from Wiringproducts.com. I wanted a 4 switch panel but didn't have a great place to mount it that wouldn't drive me nuts. So I decided to get the 3 switch for my Driving, Fog, and reverse lights and then a single switch to to mount under the column for me offroad lights. I also picked up a fuse block with ground strip to run everything through to keep the engine compartment clean. I didn't like the idea of having a pile of wires coming off the battery all with a seperate inline fuse. My work truck looks like that and I have more pride in my truck then some doedoe did when he or she set that mess up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts