DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dam I thought that I was the only one having this issue since no one else said much about this issue. Mine appears to be making the rattling noise near the radio opening. Ill have to take to the dealer soon to get this rectified. I only have about 5,000 miles on the clock, you would not think with low miles you would have this issue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the radio replaced by the dealer two weeks ago and ever since then it has rattled. I plan on taking it back to have them fix it. The only problem is I have to have time to do it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same rattle I always bang on my dash in hopes it will go away, but Im probably only making it worse. Funny, I had a 6 year old Silverado that never rattled once, I have a 6 month old Ram that rattles like its going to shake itself apart at any minute.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
hmm I don't have a rattle there. I have noticed a minor rattle in my driver's door panel near the electric switches. If I push it towards the door it stops. My truck has almost 60,000 miles on it though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CTYHNTR I had an 11 year old silverado for 4 years before getting the ram and samething not one rattle out of it. I have noticed that if I pull on the top were the the indention is it stops or if I push on the top corner of the radio it stops.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
It sounds like the didnt bolt the bezel back down tight enough. I got lazy after my last radio install and didnt bolt it in all the way and when the subs hit and i have the volume down the whole thing rattles. Check to make sure everything is snugged up would be my first guess. I would take the bezel off myself and make sure the radio is bolted down tightly as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
when I hit big bumps the drivers side dash (inside the dash) makes a god awful noise like something big is loose.

when I hit a series of small bumps while turning (sometimes not turning) by steering wheel bounces around and the front tires loose grip with the road

if I apply the brakes while hitting small potholes or road imperfects the ABS kicks in and the truck will not stop

truck just turned 15k and is 100% stock - 2011 1500 QC 4x4 4.7l - not to happy to say the least. Also, it appears to have a rod knock now. The truck has never been abused, never towed (doesn't have hitch) - I drive it 7 miles to work and back and a few weekend trips, that's it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think it is the leather top dash hitting the plastic radio dash that faces you. mine has the same problem when press on leather dash above radio it stops

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed a rattling noise on my way back from an ice fishing trip a few weekends ago. There were four guys in the truck and none of us could figure out what it was. Finally got home, and noticed that cup holder (which folds down from the dash) wasn't pushed down all the way into a locking position. Hard to say this is part of your situation, but could help others...

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I noticed a rattling noise on my way back from an ice fishing trip a few weekends ago. There were four guys in the truck and none of us could figure out what it was. Finally got home, and noticed that cup holder (which folds down from the dash) wasn't pushed down all the way into a locking position. Hard to say this is part of your situation, but could help others...
I had this very same rattle...until i got angry and said "why in the hell doesn't this friggin thing lock into an open position". i grabbed the cup holder to "gently adjust" it into an open position...and VOILA!!! it locked into place..no more rattle...and to think...i almost "adjusted " it right out of the rear window! it just needed a little "gentle" persuasion !!

·
Registered
54 Posts
when I hit big bumps the drivers side dash (inside the dash) makes a god awful noise like something big is loose.

when I hit a series of small bumps while turning (sometimes not turning) by steering wheel bounces around and the front tires loose grip with the road

if I apply the brakes while hitting small potholes or road imperfects the ABS kicks in and the truck will not stop

truck just turned 15k and is 100% stock - 2011 1500 QC 4x4 4.7l - not to happy to say the least. Also, it appears to have a rod knock now. The truck has never been abused, never towed (doesn't have hitch) - I drive it 7 miles to work and back and a few weekend trips, that's it.
Just thought I should update this as my problems were fixed by installing Bilstein 5100's in the front, did the 2.1 lift as well. Actually, they fixed a few things.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had this very same rattle...until i got angry and said "why in the hell doesn't this friggin thing lock into an open position". i grabbed the cup holder to "gently adjust" it into an open position...and VOILA!!! it locked into place..no more rattle...and to think...i almost "adjusted " it right out of the rear window! it just needed a little "gentle" persuasion !!
Hilarious !!! My truck did the same thing, was really pissed off, then felt silly after locking the cup holder. :LOL:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the cup holder rattle but also had a rattle sound from above/around the passenger airbag area. I used a rubber bushing for an aftermarket shock, and shoved it between the passenger vent and top dash cover. I had to remove the top and bottom glove boxes to access that area...:redxbang:

P.S- Sometimes it's hard to diagnose a rattle/rub noise when driving, even if you have someone else drive. I have found that hooking a JetSki/Waverunner/SeaJunk to the truck, and running it will shake the truck just enough to search out some noises. I assume a boat or anything else running on a trailer may have the same outcome...:smileup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts