DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2010 Ram with the in dash touch screen. I'm able to play DVD's while in park but when I shift to Drive it shuts off. I know this is just a safety feature, but is there a way to disable this?

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't chime in on this one (I have an 07 with no touch screen), but I'm sure someone else will. This site is filled with knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2010 Ram with the in dash touch screen. I'm able to play DVD's while in park but when I shift to Drive it shuts off. I know this is just a safety feature, but is there a way to disable this?

Thanks for the input!
there is a wire that is hooked up to a switch so when you put it in gear it go's off. If you go to Best Buy you might get them to tell you which one it is and just bypass it, they can't do it for you because it's illegal but maybe you can get one of the Techs to do it for you on the side. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is more then just a wire. It is a bussed input over the network. It is like that so people don't watch movies while driving. The whole distraction laws. Just google "MyGIG Lock Pick" and you will find a way to unlock it in Drive and a whole bunch more.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It is more then just a wire. It is a bussed input over the network. It is like that so people don't watch movies while driving. The whole distraction laws. Just google "MyGIG Lock Pick" and you will find a way to unlock it in Drive and a whole bunch more.
there you go :smileup:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
They dont even allow you to change your destination or play with the GPS when its in drive. This is a safety feature from the dealership. The DVD player does not play since it will distract the driver

·
Registered
192 Posts
there is also a product out there made by Nav-Tv called the "Allgig". This isn't an endorsement by any stretch since I've never used either the Allgig or the Lockpick. Just another product that claims to do basically the same stuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 and wanted to try to downgrade the software. My unit is an REN, without the NAV. Supposedly, you can download the software, burn it to cd, and downgrade the unit to version 8.400. This (supposedly) will let you use the "audio button" trick to view the DVD. What you do is, insert the DVD and start playing it while in Park. Tap the audio button, and then shift to Drive, and then you can tap Done, and continue to drive while viewing the video screen.

Has anyone tried this?

http://mofv.com/mygig/

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Check with Suzanne at Nav-TV, one of our vendors here, she will help ya out

·
Registered
266 Posts
RER is a non NAV my Gig radio. REN is a Navigation My Gig radio. It is just the different sales codes for the different radios. Like the shitty one disk non touch screen is an RES.

·
Registered
29 Posts
RER is a non NAV my Gig radio. REN is a Navigation My Gig radio. It is just the different sales codes for the different radios. Like the shitty one disk non touch screen is an RES.
ahhh....gotcha. so i've got the 730N cd/dvd/hdd/nav so its an REN...correct?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the AllGig currently sitting in my truck. Taking it to my guy to have it installed tomorrow morning, then heading down to Bristol, TN. When I get back I will give everyone a full review of how I feel the product worked for me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You should be impressed with it, I was. I went from So. MN to Miami, Fl last year with my Super Bee and the only problem I had with the NAV was due to software needing to be updated. Just make sure your unit has the most current update installed before you go.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After my trip to Bristol, TN my review of the AllGig is THUMBS UP!

- Upgrading the software was easy for me. For someone without some technical knowledge, they could have been a bit confused...but nothing anyone couldn't figure out.
- Installation was easy. I did have my buddy do it who managers a Chrysler body shop though. Helped him with it and it was easy as pie.
- Worked flawlessly. Allowed me to watch DVD's while driving and enter in navigation while driving. Another nice feature is that it allows me to double click the "power" on the radio to force on the rear camera...even when not in reverse! This could definitely come in handy.
- Got rid of me having to "accept" that damned annoying waiver form when nav first came on.

Overall, very pleased with this

1 - 20 of 41 Posts