Hey guys, just got a brand new 2012 Ram a few weeks ago and since the beginning there's been a faint whistle or whine noise that I can't seem to pin point, here are the details:
- Its an "air" sound, not a grinding or mechanical sound.
- Noticable at 1100 -1200RPMs only when not applying the gas, just when cruising 30-40mph and the RPMs drop to this level.
- Only happens while driving, not idling.
- I've open closed all the doors, made sure the windows are up, tried opening and closing heat vents, turning the heat up/down and everything inbetween etc. and no change.
- If I press the button to put the truck to a lower gear, like 2-3, the RPM's go up and the noise immediately disappears.
- Had the dealer check this and they told me the noise is normal, its the MDS kicking in. However the noise is there with the ECO on and off, seems to have no effect to me. I put the truck into 4th gear, ECO goes off and it will still make the noise at 1100 - 1200 RPMS.
Any thoughts? Its pretty annoying and it seems the dealer isn't going to help much or at least I'll have to harass them to check further.
Thanks in advance!