DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Please help asap!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
Ok, so my 1998 5.9 is doing goofy stuff. This doesnt happen every day, but most. it will run fine for a few days then start acting up on my way home from work. It will run fine going down the road, but then sometimes at red lights it will want to die, punching the gas doesnt work,today it actually wanted to die while going down the road, as if the fuel/air mixture is bad? i have to turn the truck off, and restart which makes the truck run fine again. it wasnt throwing any kind of code until today, which was P0132, which is saying its running rich and pointing at the upstream o2 sensor, im planing on getting the sensor replaced tomoro, but what if thats not it?? im sick of putting money into it with no results.. please email me or post on here, sethmeyster@gmail.com . this is my only vehicle and i live 45 minutes from work, thus, i need a running vehicle..so please, any advice??? thanks tons!

recent fixes/"I thought that was the problem"... PCV, IAC, Plugs, Wires, been running 93oct fuel, ran seafoam through it.

#2 ·
My guess would have to be a leaky/sticking fuel injector. Seafoam is good, but Berryman's B12 Chemtool is best. Try some in a 1/2 tank or less. If it doesn't clear up check the plugs for 1 or 2 that are noticably cleaner (those would be the rich cylinders) and if a difference is found check those injectors. If none is found........ Try that O2 swap.... Or just replace the O2 sensor for the reason of age and mileage. I can usually find bad injectors with a stethoscope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.