DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 4x4 that i just purchased from a local used vehicle dealer. I fear that i have a Lemon on my hands. 4 days after i purchased the vehicle the fuel pump went out. They towed and replaced free of charge. The next day the cam position sensor and crank position sensor trouble codes appeared. I replaced those and now they come on occasionally. Today on my 11 mile ride to work the check engine light came on for P0455. What are my chances it is just a Gas cap that needs to be swapped out. I am loosing it dumping money into a vehicle i just bought. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have a long distance trip coming up on a hunting trip where the truck will be used many miles away from being repaired easily.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe P0455 is an Evaporative Emission Control System Leak. I had the same thing and it was easy to find my leak. I'd suggest you start looking near the fuel filler neck, that's where mine was. One of the "rubber" hoses was BADLY cracked. I tried to buy a new one from a parts store but they didn't have one. I took the old one in and found a non-formed one of the same i.d. and it has worked for the last couple of years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts