DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

I got my vacuum system replaced with an Alloy USA Posi-Lock Cable Kit. When it was first installed, it worked great.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra..._s=237&t_pt=101224&t_pl=104739&t_pn=ALY450400

I was mudding last weekend, and it engaged once fine, but then popped out on its own in a REALLY bad spot. Took forever for my friend's much lighter (and street tire laiden) Jeep to pull me out of the ruts I dumbly created trying to get it to go into 4WD.

All I knew to do was what the mechanic told me.

1)Put the T-case in 4h
2)Push button, pull handle, release button

Like I said, it worked fine about 10 times previosuly, but it popped out on its own twice last weekend, and now it won't engage at all.

I don't have any of the instruction manuals or anything that came with it, so I have no idea how to adjust it if it needs it.

I looked around the internet and found that you can adjust the knob by turning it clockwise/counterclockwise, but when I do that, It will start to tighten either way and then it will go loose again, like stripped threads or something.

I tried using it today, and it didn't work, the cable slides out fine but it doesn't engage and I now have to use quite a bit of force to push it to get it to go back in, which I didn't have to when it was new.

I got under the truck and slightly tightened the part where the cable goes into the left side of the CAD thing. The whole cable that goes up to the cab was twisting with it, so I didn't do much.

That didn't work.

Any suggestions????? Please? Thanks!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would check with the mechanic...just my opinion. I really don't know much about that kind of system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know this doesnt answer your ? but whenever i put my truck in 4hi or 4low it makes a grinding noise in both and it only makes noise when u give it gas. what would be the cause of this noise?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts