Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hemi V8

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1996 dodge ram 2500 and all of the electrical running through the ignition switch does not work.. It won't start through the switch but i can start it straight from the starter. Also the A/C don't work or the radio,power windows,wipers,and turn signals. I've Checked all the fuses,fusible links,relays,battery cables, and have inspected all the wires for any shorts. I still have headlight & taillights and also the power locks and dome light still work. We have plugged it in to a diagnostic device and it didn't shoot out any trouble codes. But the Abs n air bag lights and most of the other lights on the instrument panel stay on. It starts and runs just fine if i start it from the starter. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong. Its plain driving me bonkers trying to find the problem... Please help!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kinda sounds like something under the dash may have got unplugged. How and/or when did this problem start?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no nothing has gotten unplugged i checked all that already. It started a few months ago. First the windows wouldn't roll down then a few days later the a/c went out and then the radio and turn signals and the last thing that stopped working was the ignition. It didn't all happen at once it was one or two at a time until you couldn't start the truck using the key. But it still starts manually and runs great just no power accesories LOL. I'm kinda thinking it's the power distribution unit but just want to get some feedback from other people before i shell out a fortune on power distribution unit.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,917 Posts
Geez, that's a lot of problems and while I don't have any advice for ya, sure hope you can get this figured out soon and welcome to the forum! Just not sure about the correlation between the electrical problems and the engine reliability poll? Will be interesting to see the results though and hear what others think is the most reliable of the engines. :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey my truck may have many problems but the engine is one hella of a work horse and I have never had any problems with my 12valve 5.9L Cummins Diesel motor. LOL

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,917 Posts
I don't doubt that man, I was just confused about the engine poll is all lol, I'd love to get my hands on a Cummins Ram since I've never had one of those or a HEMI. My last Ram was a D150 318 Custom, but ya can't beat the sound or the power of the Cummins! :smileup:

- Cajun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts