DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased Crux's first Canadian release of the Back up Camera RVCCH75-D.
Sorry to say i was not impressed with the night vision quality of this product it is basically useless and their Support of the product was even worse. It was very sad that the local distributor has to apologize to me for them not standing up to there product i was left to fix the problem myself.
Were you able to fix the problem? If so, what did you do? I hate to buy a system that is useless at night, but I need to do something to see behind my truck. Does it help to turn on the bed light?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Were you able to fix the problem? If so, what did you do? I hate to buy a system that is useless at night, but I need to do something to see behind my truck. Does it help to turn on the bed light?
I too am interested in what you have to say.

My brother has the OEM camera in his truck and on the darkest of country roads, it lights up well behind him.

Mine on the other hand is not OEM, though it was installed before I picked up my new truck by the dealer and rotten at night doesn't begin to cover it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ram

Welcome -
Question: Does this item work with the RHB system/ with NAV and Uconnect, in a 2011 RAM 1500? And if so, what would the price be???

Thanks
Hello, Yes I'm showing this does work with your radio type.
As far as price goes, if you buy direct from us $309.
Let us know if you need any other questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ram

I too am interested in what you have to say.

My brother has the OEM camera in his truck and on the darkest of country roads, it lights up well behind him.

Mine on the other hand is not OEM, though it was installed before I picked up my new truck by the dealer and rotten at night doesn't begin to cover it!
Hello,
The reason the user's camera was not so visible at night i think may have to do with our camera or his LED type of lights. With that said it comes down to personal preference, some people may like it some may not. But since then we have added a new sensor for better vision at night.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well as the previous poster mentioned they added a new sensor... I received one of these and It had the same problem but this time had far less field of vision and the picture was no different. I reinstalled the original camera and then purchased a Putco Tailgate light bar with backup lights this improved the vision quite a bit a night time.

Quite honestly if my dealer had not of paid for my unit that i installed i would of returned it for cash back and then waited on something with better camera quality but for what i use it for all is good know.

However i have heard back from others that have purchased there kits also and they all have the same comments so far: Night Vision Terrible, little to be said about support for the product.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I find the Crux setup to be as good as the OEM. I have/had a lot of OEM setups and the rear camera night vision is fine...as fine as the OEM, not better, not worse IMO. There are better aftermarket cameras night vision cameras, you just have to find one you like.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts