DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting my own business with snow removal and I’ve heard from some friends that i could install a snow plow on my v6.. i was concerned about my little trasmission..isn’t gonna break ? I want to know your thoughts!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I’m starting my own business with snow removal and I’ve heard from some friends that i could install a snow plow on my v6.. i was concerned about my little trasmission..isn’t gonna break ? I want to know your thoughts!!
The plow will end up costing you a new tranny and front end rebuild in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about the tranny but what the front end has to do with it ? The plow goes attached exactly where the tow hooks are..and that part is the same on every engine you choose..

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
From the owners manual:

1500 Models Only NOTE: Do not use this model vehicle for snowplow applications.
WARNING! Snowplows and other after market equipment should not be added to the front end of your vehicle. The airbag crash sensors may be affected by the change in the front end structure. The airbags could deploy unexpectedly or could fail to deploy during a collision resulting in serious injury or death.

CAUTION! Using this vehicle for snowplow applications can cause damage to the vehicle.

WARNING! Attaching a snowplow to this vehicle could adversely affect performance of the airbag system in an accident. Do not expect that the airbag will perform as described earlier in this manual

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
you need a bigger truck, buddy. I don't see in your signature, if you have 4wd- without, you ain't getting out of your own driveway.

a 2500 will do it- but I would pay the $1000 more and get a 3500 4wd srw.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow I didn’t know that..yes i do have a 4x4 but i even saw some 1500 on youtube with plow !! So i thought it might work, anyway i was concerned about my tranny tho ! K if this business will go well for me I’ll buy a bigger truck then !! Thank you all

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Wow I didn’t know that..yes i do have a 4x4 but i even saw some 1500 on youtube with plow !! So i thought it might work, anyway i was concerned about my tranny tho ! K if this business will go well for me I’ll buy a bigger truck then !! Thank you all

If you try to do this business with your for snow plowing underwhelmingly powered and equipped truck, you will not find out, if it ever will go well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

If you do this you will probably kiss your warranty goodbye.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figure out more likely next year buy a used truck with plow already on and keep mine just for shovels, salt , snowblower and else infact..thanks for the tip

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I wouldn't be plowing with any half ton truck unless I was just doing my driveway and had a lightweight residential plow. I don't see a reason to go to a 3500 over a 2500 with the plow package

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,649 Posts
With the 8HP70 3.92 and a light plow, you would be fine with a front level and snow tires. Obviously not going to be warrantied.

My fathers and theirs used to put full sized steel plows on bronco/blazer v6's, more maintenance but it's all in the setup. They usually rusted out to being sidewinders before the engine/tranny died. Manuals and autos, keep track of your temps and more frequent fluid changes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts