DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed the oil about 2 weeks ish ago , has about 600 miles on the oil change . 10w40 I think or 10w30 .

today it was idling in park as I hooked up a trailer and then I heard beep*

Looked at the cluster and CEL on , Scan the code and p0524

I know a few things it could be

*Oil sender
*The heavier oil
*oil pump (loss oil pressure)
* needs the ECM flashed

But my question is for those that had this problem and had it fixed what was your problem ?
*sender
*reflash

Sorry if this has been a topic that has played it self out but I have looked on here and saw nothing to what I am looking for .

My truck is a 2007 Dodge ram Hemi 60k miles

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Did you use an oil weight that is different than what is marked on the filler cap?
I'm pretty sure the 2007 Hemi asks for 5w-20 oil, and changing to a different weight can cause this code to appear. :4-dontknow:

This could also show up there was an issue with the oil filter. I have heard of a few situations where the filter partially collapsed internally and caused an oil flow issue. This appears to be common with Fram oil filters. For some reason, the Hemi doesn't seem to like them much.

I also understand there is a PCM flash for the 2007 that address this. It might be worth it to have your dealer check for this flash if using the correct oil and a proper filter does not fix this. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
you could of knocked the oil pressure sensor connector loose cause it is right there above the filter. seen lube tech do this some how. and or if there is oil in the connecter of the oil pressure sensor replace it, a good indication the sensor starting to go bad

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*The filter I am using is Wix

*And the oil I think is 10w40 But I have used this same oil in my other hemi's that has MDS also and never had a issue

*I wasn't near the sensor while changing it , and I cleared the light and it's been about 70 miles with not a issue .

* I did circle around my house which has an incline , maybe that was the cause ??
But the light only came on once I got parked in my level drive way and sat running for about 10 mins in park .

I called the dealer and asked about the flash and they stated they replace the switch (sensor) and change the oil at the same time . They also stated 70% or better was the switch not the flash . So I went ahead and bought a new switch today at the dealer for 40 bucks .

MY MAIN question is for those that had this problem , "What did you do to fix it "?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
On my 2008, I had the flash done. This was after they replaced the sensor twice. :)
I also know of at least a half dozen 2007 owners that had this corrected by the flash when multiple changes of the sensor did not fix the issue. In all the above cases, it was during the warranty period, so none of us really cared how much it cost.

I also know of a few Hemi owners that had an oil sender failure, so it could go either way. :4-dontknow:

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my 2008, I had the flash done. This was after they replaced the sensor twice. :)
I also know of at least a half dozen 2007 owners that had this corrected by the flash when multiple changes of the sensor did not fix the issue. In all the above cases, it was during the warranty period, so none of us really cared how much it cost.

I also know of a few Hemi owners that had an oil sender failure, so it could go either way. :4-dontknow:
Thanks Friend :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts