DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what your opinions are. Trying to decide if I want to keep my OEM fender flares (Laramie 2-tone paint) or get a new set of pocket-style fender flares painted to match the lower body color.

The truck has a 6" lift and will be upgraded to 20" XD-Series wheels (4.5" backspace, -24mm offset) with 35x12.5 R20 Nitto Trail Grappler tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well you ask ?? I think you would need tires and wheels to support the look... IMO they look out of place on our body style.. I have flairs on my outdoorsman and like the way they look

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What tires and wheels would you say support the look then? I am already running 35x12.5 R 18s. I will jsut be upgradig to a bigger wheel size and slight more aggressive timre than my current Pro Comp Xtreme ATs

I ssume you have the OEM fender flares with your outdoorsman which are the same flares I have currently on my Laramie.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think that the Pocket Style flares would look really good with the tire/wheel combo you're running now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey neighbor....most OEM ones I have seen have extension only up the fender and do very little for heel coverage. They look like they are there from the side but front on, there is no measureable amount of flare to it.

If it were me, and being biased to the Laramie, I would go with the solid style.

I bought ATS brand color matched for my previous Quadcab and loved it. They were strong, took paint very well and were good for tire coverage. I ran 315/70-17 on that truck.

May see you around town. Work on Camp Johnson for now, Stone Bay next month.

·
Registered
573 Posts
With that kind of offset wheel you're running I'd go with the extra coverage and get the Bushwackers.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
as most have said, the poclet styles will give alot more protection for the offset you ae going with... will give your truck a bit more beefy look as well

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like the verdict is to go with the pocket style fender flares. Anyone have a rough idea how much it should cost to have them painted to match?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts