DODGE RAM FORUM banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this too when turning right onto my driveway at work. Clunk under my foot. At my last service appt the dealer just tightened all the front suspension bolts and it has been resolved. While the clunk noises are similar, finding the source can be a challenge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi im just new here but I just found my Clunking Popping sound when turning left slight bumps and when there is cooler out side temps. My 2015 1500 Laramie has no center console has jump seat. I pulled the plastic cover off at the bottom of center of dash. on the left and right side there is a bracket that is bolted to truck body. Mine were loose causing my noise. Tightened up and clunk is gone!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the issue still there. I have a 2019 ram with the same issue. Do you have the name of your dealership and service manager that I can give my service department

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hi im just new here but I just found my Clunking Popping sound when turning left slight bumps and when there is cooler out side temps. My 2015 1500 Laramie has no center console has jump seat. I pulled the plastic cover off at the bottom of center of dash. on the left and right side there is a bracket that is bolted to truck body. Mine were loose causing my noise. Tightened up and clunk is gone!!
I dont think your 2015 had the same issues that the 2019 trucks are having. Their clunk problem seems suspension related.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, this is my experience. I had that popping, clunking sound on the right front side of the truck for about 5000 km. Went to the dealer and they couldn't find the problem. Everything was torqued well ( cab bolts, ball joints, end links ...everything ). That clunking drove me crazy and after one week I went for the second time to my dealer and I asked them kindly to remove the front shock assy just to see if it's something wrong with ( it was the only part not checked at the first visit). The shock was in good shape ( I only have 40.000 km ) BUT the hole in the strut where the shock shaft mounts was already an OVAL instead of a round hole. Well, the front shock assy was replaced, the shock shaft nut through the strut torqued well and .....NO CLUNKING.....my truck is amazingly silent now.. I think they are not torquing well this shock shaft nuts at the factory and after some km/miles a play develops and destroys the strut ( well, the hole within).
Worth to check your trucks in this area just to be sure.
Marius

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, this is my experience. I had that popping, clunking sound on the right front side of the truck for about 5000 km. Went to the dealer and they couldn't find the problem. Everything was torqued well ( cab bolts, ball joints, end links ...everything ). That clunking drove me crazy and after one week I went for the second time to my dealer and I asked them kindly to remove the front shock assy just to see if it's something wrong with ( it was the only part not checked at the first visit). The shock was in good shape ( I only have 40.000 km ) BUT the hole in the strut where the shock shaft mounts was already an OVAL instead of a round hole. Well, the front shock assy was replaced, the shock shaft nut through the strut torqued well and .....NO CLUNKING.....my truck is amazingly silent now.. I think they are not torquing well this shock shaft nuts at the factory and after some km/miles a play develops and destroys the strut ( well, the hole within).
Worth to check your trucks in this area just to be sure.
Marius
Thanks Marius...I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500, and had this exact problem right off the lot. The truck is at the dealership now...will pass to them if they tell me they can't find the problem!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar here.

I've got 1200mi on a 2019 1500 and it's made a clunk when going left or right that can be felt through the chassis not when the wheel is turned but when the weight shift occurs as one enters the turn since day one. A little disappointed that my first new vehicle in 12 years starts this way. Lithia in Concord, CA, looked at it Monday, "we don't see or hear anything."

Any tips on aiding them to hunt down the issue? Also, San Francisco dirt bags broke my rear passenger window in the first week to steal a work coat. While an inauspicious beginning we don't let trifles get in our way.

Best regards and nice forum you have here.

CB

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this too when turning right onto my driveway at work. Clunk under my foot. At my last service appt the dealer just tightened all the front suspension bolts and it has been resolved. While the clunk noises are similar, finding the source can be a challenge.
I have a 2019 with less than 8k miles and am having a clunking noise. I haven’t been to dealer yet because I am waiting for them to have a loaner available, I have been under the truck and I think the noise is coming from the front axle on the passenger side. I can bump it with my hand and make a clanking sound. Looks like the axle has slid out about 5/8 of and inch. Definitely different from the driver side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noticed this morning on my way to work a popping noise when turning left( slow speed) and going over small bumps, sometimes it does it with no bumps. It is very intermittent and I can't replicate in the same spots/ speeds all the time. Took my wife for a drive and she noticed it too, sounds like it is in the front end, you can almost feel it I think. Anyone else experiencing something similar? 770 kms on it.

Also does anyone have a terrible centre console squeak when resting you arm (lightly) on it, mine is terrible. I crawled underneath and there was nothing obvious, I also retorqued the wheels, 4 box bolts seem tight and box isn't easily moved by lifting, cab mounts seem tight.

Will have to take it to the dealer but was hoping someone else is having this issue because I already know what the outcome from the dealer will be "couldn't replicate Sound, everything tight blah blah) and I'll have to jump up and down for a rental.
My 2019 Longhorn Laramie is now at dodge w LOUD pop noise. It does it riding down road over minor bumps and when turning even at low (7 mph) speed. In fact, from the passenger side 2 people can shake the truck pushing sideways and make it pop EVERY time.
They are replacing an engine mount. After replacing. They said it doesn't do it as loud but not fixed.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts