DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my edge pulsar installed a few days ago. I took it to the dealer because I didn't wanna mess with pulling the PCM plugs out. I guess when they installed it the truck immediatly revved up and threw a throttle position sensor code. We both thought it was caused by the pedal commander. I guess they reset the code and it was fine for those few days. Now it throws the code all the time. I removed the pedal commander and it still comes on. And when it does I can't drive the truck, I lose my throttle. Fantastic.... Anyone else had this problem before?

And to make things better the one red tab is broken that I'm assuming holds the plug into the PCM for extra security. But it still snaps into place and it's not loose at all. You apparently can't simply replace the red tabs, you need a completely new wiring harness. Wtf

Another reason why I hate aftermarket parts, something ALWAYS happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been having problems with mine to in ever setting but one the truck fights with it then turns itself off it was kinda scary the first time it happened in the middle of an intersection

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Is it the edge pulsar doing it or the pedal commander because they are 2 totally different systems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my edge pulsar installed a few days ago. I took it to the dealer because I didn't wanna mess with pulling the PCM plugs out. I guess when they installed it the truck immediatly revved up and threw a throttle position sensor code. We both thought it was caused by the pedal commander. I guess they reset the code and it was fine for those few days. Now it throws the code all the time. I removed the pedal commander and it still comes on. And when it does I can't drive the truck, I lose my throttle. Fantastic.... Anyone else had this problem before?

And to make things better the one red tab is broken that I'm assuming holds the plug into the PCM for extra security. But it still snaps into place and it's not loose at all. You apparently can't simply replace the red tabs, you need a completely new wiring harness. Wtf

Another reason why I hate aftermarket parts, something ALWAYS happens.
Sucks you're having issues. FWIW, I have 5k miles on my Pulsar / PC combo, flawless performance thus far. Hope you get it sorted out.

Regarding the red PCM tabs, replacement doesn't require a new wiring harness. Ran across a thread on the Ram Performance Talk fb page that should be of interest to you.

Link to order them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the link to the clips. I'm planning on purchasing a pulsar tuner and I always worry about breaking things like the clips.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I sent my pulsar back because it constantly wanted to try to shift gears. wouldn't hold a gear for more than a second at lower speeds. they sent me back the diablosport I3. much better and more tuning capability. same price too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issues with the throttle sensor. I am running the pedal commander and the pulsar. What was the fix for this? Any help will be appreciated. I disconnected my pedal commander and I’m still having these issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts