DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i have been driving a manual trans most of my life and i became quite a custom to it but when i found my 2005 1500 hemi i gave it up just to get the truck time went by and im really missing the manual but from what i hear they dont make a 1500 hemi in stick. but i have also heard that it is possible to match the hemi in a 1500 to a manual transmission from a 2500. i jus wanted to know if anyone has heard about this and has any info about the swap. For instance the price, materials, modifications need ect. thanks for the help y'all

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
The money that would be involved in this kind of swap disuades most people. You'd need a new PCM, or a stand alone programmer, because the PCM controls both the engine and the tranny and without the tranny input it would be kind of lost. Since you have an '05 you could try to match up a SRT-10 manual tranny, though you'd need to find a new bellhousing. Fitting one from a 2500 might be easier to do, but I've never seen anyone actually do this conversion due to the cost involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts