DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm posting this as a chronical of my journey into finding the ultimate fix for the Iphone 4/Unconnect Issues. I own a 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew. I've spent the last several months upgrading my truck with the Mopar lift kit, Mopar Kicker Speaker system, Mopar Cold-air Intake- all in an effort to keep my truck within warranty and with much help from postings here on this site. This is my chance to hopefully help give back...

We all know the Uconnect issues with the Iphone 4. We also know that the RER has been discontinued and the latest software update in January fell short from the expectations of many as it was released that it would not address the issues of the Iphone 4. I also read through some unofficial Mygig sites that Harmon Becker annouced that they would not be releasing any more software updates for the RER. Chrysler has since released the RHR replacement to the RER radio. The RHR has been proven to work with the Iphone 4 and is Chryslers fix with new cars/trucks moving forward. I even stumbled on a PDF document actually showing mechanics how to replace the RER on new trucks and update VIN and pricing codes to reflect the change. I've been calling my local dealership's parts department every week requesting pricing and ordering information for the RHR radio. Finally last week, their computers allowed them to order it. However, they quoted me a price of $2300!!! AND they said I had to give them my existing RER to send back! I was furious and called the 1800 Dodge Ram customer line. I explained to them that it was absolutly ridiculous that they did not plan on giving us a fix for their system and the only fix would cost us the consumer 2300 bucks. Long story short (which did involve me threatening legal action), they opened a case number for me. A real nice rep by the name of Kathy has been working it and called me earlier today to let me know there has been a fix released just this week. It involves a software update CD issued only to the dealership and an additional part install for the UConnect system. She said she sent all the information to my local dealership and it would be ready for me when I took my truck in. I'm out of town till later this week but plan on going into my dealership to have it installed. I will post an update when its been installed and information on if it works or not. She did say the install is covered by warranty and it does have a "TPS??" number. I'll have all that info later this week....

I hope this gives people hope that this headache is coming to a much needed happy ending...

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Any update? ........

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
did you know that APPLE came out with a software update to make the Iphone 4 work with the MYGIG Radios, it is free d/l

you ought to check it out, several people says it works

·
Registered
573 Posts
I updated my iPhone4 to iOs 4.3 and it seems to be flakey with my RBH 430N. It doesn't pair nearly as quickly as 4.2 did. I had to re-pair the phone to the stereo to get it to pair at all and now it doesn't recognize the phone for sometimes up to 5 minutes with me sitting in the truck with my phone. I haven't tried the audio streaming capability yet though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts