DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

A couple of months ago we purchased a 2019 Big Horn (V8 Hemi). It now has about 4500 miles on it. Have not had any issues until today. As I began accelerating (from 0 to about 20) the engine began to rev and the truck began to vibrate. I immediately stopped and checked to see if anything unusual was turned on/off. Parking brake was not engaged, it was in 2WD, etc. It felt like it was not shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, although I did not actually look to see if this was happening. I drove again and same thing, pulled into another parking lot, turned the parking brake on and off, turned the vehicle off, and then restarted and there were no problems.

I commute a 90 mile round trip for work so needless to say I left the truck at home and took our other vehicle. Having serious buyers remorse after dealing with a lousy dealership and will now have to use their I'm sure equally lousy service department for a brand new truck.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

I miss our Silverado.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That happened to me once. I had the gear selector set to one by accident, not even sure how it happened but it scared the crap out of me. Not sure if this is what happened to you though as I have a 2017.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Yeah, if you accidentally tap the (-) ERS switch when you're sitting at a stop, it will set it to a 1st gear limit, and then instead of shifting it just hits the rev limiter in 1st. Check the PRND display and verify that it's "D" and not "1".

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Aren't the ERS buttons on the 19s in the 5 o clock space between the steering wheel spokes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts