DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am looking into purchasing a 2014 Laramie Longhorn. It is a vehicle coming out of an Employee Lease at a whopping 55-60k miles but at a great value. It has an impeccable service history and no warranty issues. I would be looking into getting an extended warranty (this longhorn has the air suspension which is a bit worrisome) and running it for the next 5+ years as a commuter and occasional tow vehicle.

Any issues for the forth gen past the 60k mark that would make me avoid this truck?

Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
One could argue that they would be highway miles which are good. Any indication that it was used for a lot of heavy hauling. Fifth wheel hitch holes, major wear on the frame hitch, disk brakes in need of replacement.

I'd also go to some of the web sites and be sure the deal is as good as you say. It should be well under 1/2 the sticker value for that year and miles.

I'd want the eight speed of course and a Hemi in it.

Be sure to get the extended warranty, check carfax if you haven't and put 50 to 100 miles minimum on it before you start dealing. If you like it and it meets your needs it should be just fine. Remember a new one is about 20% off sticker for comparision.

I bought a 2014 Sport with 13,000 miles on it two months ago and put the extended warranty on it. I haven't bought a new vehicle since the late 90's and have had excellent luck with my purchases, however, I try to buy them with under 20K miles.

JMHO, Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the Hemi and 8-speed with pretty much everything except the rear window defroster and trailer brake control (which hopefully means that they weren't too hard-core on the towing, I'll have to inspect it anyway)

It looks like I'll be getting it for KBB trade-in value, or about 4k below private sale in "good" condition which is around 45% off sticker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has the Hemi and 8-speed with pretty much everything except the rear window defroster and trailer brake control (which hopefully means that they weren't too hard-core on the towing, I'll have to inspect it anyway)

It looks like I'll be getting it for KBB trade-in value, or about 4k below private sale in "good" condition which is around 45% off sticker.
GL with the new truck. I recently bought a 14 Sport CPO with 61K on the clock. I was hesitant because of the high miles but took the plunge for a variety of reasons.

So far so good. I'll most likely add the Mopar extended warranty when the CPO warranty runs out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Properly serviced the Hemi is a great engine. The miles would not worry me a bit if you're getting a great deal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am looking into purchasing a 2014 Laramie Longhorn. It is a vehicle coming out of an Employee Lease at a whopping 55-60k miles but at a great value. It has an impeccable service history and no warranty issues. I would be looking into getting an extended warranty (this longhorn has the air suspension which is a bit worrisome) and running it for the next 5+ years as a commuter and occasional tow vehicle.

Any issues for the forth gen past the 60k mark that would make me avoid this truck?

Thanks!
I have the same model and purchased it in Sept 2015 with 54k on it. Mine is the EcoDiesel so that mileage is nothing for a diesel. If the price is good go far it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts