DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i just ordered a procharger supercharger kit for my STOCK 08ram :smiley_thumbs_up:

i also ordered a 90mm TB, new fuel injectors and rails, and a zex system for an extra 75-150 hp. Now the more i think about it i really need to get a better CAM .. any suggestions? to lift durrantion ect ect .. i wouldn't mind changing valve springs if needed... any suggestions would really help ... i know i can't go to wild with the cam w stock heads

currently for performance i only have a airraid cai, gibson shorty headers, gibson dual exhaust and tuner,, and i NEED MORE POWER... currently my truck only has 50k miles so i'm not to worried about blowing up the motor..
this is a daily driver ....

i want to be shocked:SHOCKED: when i get everything put on and go for the first ride and get it dyno'd

i will keep everyone updated and post pics

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
what tuner do you have? I would call Stu @ inertia motorsports...he could help with cam choice, especially one that will be compatible with forced induction.. will the procharger come with a tuner like diablo?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
you would be shocked if you did all the other stuff you mentioned even without the procharger... like this.. also my daily driver, over 214k miles now..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool the tuner i have now is superchips cortex... sorry forgot to add that i couldn't make up my mind between the preditor and trinity...

yes good call chefred112 i should go get it dyno'd before i install almost 6k in parts ... that way i can know how much each will add hp wise...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
you'll probably need to get a diablo (if procharger doesn't come with it)..yul need custom tuning for the procharger as well as the cam setup...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thats what ive been looking at diablos the diablo predator and the diablo trinity from what i've read it seems like you can do custom tunes from both of them... the procharger is cheaper w/o the preditor included...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was looking into the procharger myself....but little to rich for my blood at the moment. Its definitely better to go with the one that comes with the predator. If I remember correctly its the complete kit, but if you order the cheaper one its missing a few components. Plus the predator will come with a base tune for the procharger. But keep us updated So in the future if thats the route I decide to go. Fred.....off topic....When you aren't hauling ass what do you get for mileage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i was going to do that but since i ordered new injectors feul rails new throttle body ect ect and a new tuner already theres no need to spend an extra 1000$ to get the there tuner ... because with my ectra stuff i'll have to get another custom tune anyways...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fast Freddie - What mods do you have done to your truck to run 12.10? Curious on the combination.

As for the 30mpg, I know on Chevy's if you tune the ECU, you can affect the accuracy of the MPG display. Have you manually done the calculation by fuel used vs distance travelled to confirm if the display is reading correctly?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
the current mods i have now:

-Ramhammer cai (BFI)
-ported throttle body
-Inertia Spartan Cam
-Inertia big valve heads (PAC springs an custom length pushrods)
-Pacesetter coated lt headers
-3" true dual piping exhaust (cat deletes) to dual 3" DMH cutouts to magnaflow muffler dumped after axle
-Taurus efan (dc controller)
-170 tstat
-Linelock
-Edge 2800 tq converter
-4.56 gears (sierra)
-transgo shiftkit
-DSP programmer with custom tune
-summit 23 percent ud pulley (C2516)
-custom alternator pulley
-4/6 McGuaghy's drop (with bag assists)
-Caltracs traction bars
-Zex nitrous wet system (100 shot)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i forgot the guy name search arrington. valve spring and retainers vheck out my how to you will see there

·
Registered
69 Posts
so i just ordered a procharger supercharger kit for my STOCK 08ram :smiley_thumbs_up:

i also ordered a 90mm TB, new fuel injectors and rails, and a zex system for an extra 75-150 hp. Now the more i think about it i really need to get a better CAM .. any suggestions? to lift durrantion ect ect .. i wouldn't mind changing valve springs if needed... any suggestions would really help ... i know i can't go to wild with the cam w stock heads

currently for performance i only have a airraid cai, gibson shorty headers, gibson dual exhaust and tuner,, and i NEED MORE POWER... currently my truck only has 50k miles so i'm not to worried about blowing up the motor..
this is a daily driver ....

i want to be shocked:SHOCKED: when i get everything put on and go for the first ride and get it dyno'd

i will keep everyone updated and post pics
I have the Procharger on my 08 as well. I went with the full kit and it included the DSP. With 3" exhaust, ARH long tubes and custom tune I'm laying down 412 rwhp and 402 rwtq. Here a link to my youtube video

you'll love the procharger... im getting a TQ and VB installed next week. that should help get more power to the ground too.

http://youtu.be/PNeDILvLQTE

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hey Chefred 30 mpg thats nuts is that with MDS enabled? Most ive seen so far is 20 with my race fuel tune in and MDS disabled... I need to see what it will do with MDS enabled... Its not much about HP its about timeslips ive seen guys on LXF brag about there 1200 hp charger that has never seen a dragstrip and just get eat up on the forum that shit is hilarious lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts