DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
So after doing some research and with much help from James at MOPARAMERICA.COM I was able to convert my factory non power folding tow mirrors to power folding.

Here is what I did.

Mirrors were bought from A1auto
1AMRE03402
1AMRE03401

Door switch from ebay
68110867AB

Door modules from James at MoparAmerica.com
right side 68233218AC
left side 68233219AC

OBDGENIE.com to buy the flash for the BCM to eliminate the visit to the dealer to active

Installation of everthiung was pretty easy and no special tools needed.

Once again a big thanks to James at Moparamerica for all his help

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post & share ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thabks so much for posting. I have my mirrors in and am trying to find the right part number door modules. Did this allow for mirror tilt down function in reverse as well?

·
Registered
501 Posts
So after doing some research and with much help from James at MOPARAMERICA.COM I was able to convert my factory non power folding tow mirrors to power folding.

Door switch from ebay
68110867AB
I'm looking to do the same thing. Are you certain about that switch number? When I look it up I get "Left. All models. 11 controls. With 2nd row pwr. Windows. Without fold away mirrors. Without power sliding doors."

-K

·
Registered
501 Posts
I swapped my regular manual folding mirrors for Power Folding Tow Mirrors this past weekend.

I used the following parts. All prices are in USD and part numbers are for a 2014 1500 CC. The mirrors came from 1AAuto and all the Mopar parts came from MoparPartsOnline.
Because my dealer said they could not add the LER code for the power folding feature, I went with an ODB Genie. (For some reason, they could add the other three codes)

Code:
Trail Ridge Power Folding Tow Mirrors        TR00042       339.95
Door Module, Right                           68225102AC     49.65
Door Module, Left                            68225103AC     91.76
Right Tow Mirror Bracket                     68078242AA      7.26
Left Tow Mirror Bracket                      68078243AA      7.26
Nut Rivit (6)                                6507161AA      24.06
Bracket Screw (6)                            6508709AA       4.98
Switch Panel                                 68110867AB     56.38
ODB Genie                                    C-PFM         299.95
                                                           ------
A note on the tow mirror brackets: Some people will say you don't need them on the newer trucks, but the tow mirrors are considerably heavier than the stock mirrors and I strongly advise using them. RAM puts them on for a reason!

Everything works except for two small issues.

1> I lost the Auto-Up on the front windows. The auto down worked and I was able to feel the extra detent on the new switch for the up, but it wasn't working.

I was able to fix this earlier today by recalibrating the windows with the procedure below which I found on another forum.

1. Open the window holding the switch down. Hold the switch down for a count of three after it bottoms out.
2. Raise the window holding the switch up. Hold the switch up for a count of 3 after it totally closes.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 at least 3 times in quick succession.

2> The mirror adjustments are not compensating for the flipped up position. (i.e. When flipped up, left/right becomes up/down, etc). I'm not certain if the Trail Ridge mirrors are not telling the truck they are flipped up or if the OBD Genie did not turn that option on (despite them assuring me that it would before I bought it.). I have a case open with 1AAuto to find out if the issue is with the mirrors. If not, then I'll be caling ODB Genie. I'll update in this thread as things progress.

-K

·
Registered
1 Posts
mirror vibration

I am curious if you see any vibration in your mirrors. I have read about people seeing vibration in there aftermarket mirrors. You have had these mirrors installed for a while now. Have you noticed this in yours?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am curious if you see any vibration in your mirrors. I have read about people seeing vibration in there aftermarket mirrors. You have had these mirrors installed for a while now. Have you noticed this in yours?

Nope, no vibration at all. They are rock solid. Just make certain you install the tow mirror brackets if you don't already have them.

-K

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 big horn Howdy anyone know what happened ? My power folding mirrors were working fine. Now left one workds right one dont. Might of been me fooling around
with setting but know idea what i could of done. Any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey Kad that looks like a great write up.
What are the rivit nuts used for...I want to add the mirror brackets to manual mirrors
To bad the OBD II module is so costly... or I would pop for the whole project.
TIA

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey Kad that looks like a great write up.
What are the rivit nuts used for...I want to add the mirror brackets to manual mirrors
To bad the OBD II module is so costly... or I would pop for the whole project.
TIA
The rivit nuts go into the door and the bolts that hold the brackets thread into them.

-K

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
$300 for a one time flash seems very high just to avoid the dealer who could do it for 1/3 of the price.

·
Registered
501 Posts
$300 for a one time flash seems very high just to avoid the dealer who could do it for 1/3 of the price.

The problem is that the dealer will not do the flash for the power fold on the trim level trucks where it was not an option in the first place.

-K

·
Registered
9 Posts
I should look up the parts information of the first post here. But, this is what I found too. It is pricy.. I wonder they are the same..

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here is what I did.

1AMRE03402
1AMRE03401

Door switch from ebay
68110867AB

right side 68233218AC
left side 68233219AC

OBDGENIE.com to buy the flash for the BCM to eliminate the visit to the dealer to active

I tried to get all these parts. Apparently the door modules were replaced with superceded units 68286790AA and 91AA and when I try to plug in the mirror it won't fit. This was from Moparamerica. When I tried to buy the "AC" units they are not to be found! Any Ideas? I already bought the mirrors and OBD and door control. The modules that don't fit Moparamerica won't take back either. Frustrating to say the least. Hope I can find an answer. Help! If you have any ideas email me directly. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The problem is that the dealer will not do the flash for the power fold on the trim level trucks where it was not an option in the first place.

-K
Isn’t that something that could be done with alfaodb?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I tried to get all these parts. Apparently the door modules were replaced with superceded units 68286790AA and 91AA and when I try to plug in the mirror it won't fit. This was from Moparamerica. When I tried to buy the "AC" units they are not to be found! Any Ideas? I already bought the mirrors and OBD and door control. The modules that don't fit Moparamerica won't take back either. Frustrating to say the least. Hope I can find an answer. Help! If you have any ideas email me directly. [email protected]
Did you ever get this problem fixed?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Isn’t that something that could be done with alfaodb?
Yup, but Alpha was not around when I did the conversion. It came later.

-K

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here is what I did.

1AMRE03402
1AMRE03401

Door switch from ebay
68110867AB

right side 68233218AC
left side 68233219AC

Would you share with this newbie install instructions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts