DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn, SLT SWB 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab 4x4
7 Posts
I have the power folding mirrors on mine. They work great, But I want the ones that have the spot mirrors amd flip up into west coast mirrors.
Do the flip up mirrors also fold in electronically too ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So after doing some research and with much help from James at MOPARAMERICA.COM I was able to convert my factory non power folding tow mirrors to power folding.

Here is what I did.

Mirrors were bought from A1auto
1AMRE03402
1AMRE03401

Door switch from ebay
68110867AB

Door modules from James at MoparAmerica.com
right side 68233218AC
left side 68233219AC

OBDGENIE.com to buy the flash for the BCM to eliminate the visit to the dealer to active

Installation of everthiung was pretty easy and no special tools needed.

Once again a big thanks to James at Moparamerica for all his help
Would the AlphaOBD work to turn on the function in the BCM? I have turned on powerfold in the BCM, but having the following issue still. I have been trying to convert my 13' 2500 to power-fold and purchased the trail ridge mirrors and new door modules, I did have a different part number on door switch than you indicate and not sure if that is where I'm going wrong? I have power at the modules and to new window switch but mirrors will not fold, trying to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great thread and very informative...

One question maybe someone here can answer. The only thing holding me back from doing this conversion vs. the Trail Ridge mirrors that have one add a separate switch for the power fold... (no real big deal) is the OBD Genie PCM flash stuff.

I have an Autel Maxisys and am wondering if I can turn on that option with that device vs the OBD Genie?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts