DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I need to preface this post with the understanding that I've long lived with a p0456 (very small evap leak) issue coupled with gas that spits out of the tank when fueling and trucking stalling/shutting off when after filling the tank, I come to a stop. I've dealt with it by not filling the tank to the very top.

This morning, I fueled up. I had been close to empty. I drove down side streets and entered a highway entrance ramp. As I stepped onto the gas to accelerate into traffic, I had just about gotten to speed, when what sounded like a pop took place and the truck shut off. I was able to get the truck over to the side of the highway, but all power was lost.

I tried to restart, which I would normally be able to do (although it would be a rough restart), but NOTHING...I can see accessory lights and the AC blower was working.

I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar experience? Does this sound like fuel pump? Can it be a vapor sensor? I've heard there is an emergency shutoff. Could that have been triggered?

Thank you,

- N

·
Registered
708 Posts
A fuel pump , at least in my case, no pop, just lost power, coasted to side of road and would not even try to start. Towed to my mechanic, first thing, he checked pressure at fuel rails= 0. One went in my RT Magnum at 350,000 miles and my 05 Ram at 250,000 miles. Always stop fueling when it clicks off. Could be a crank sensor, should be easy to diagnose with a scan tool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the fuel pump according to the shop...broken timing chain...

Now, I'm faced with the dilemma of whether I put a new engine into it.

I would, but I'm concerned that I still have some sort of issue that was causing my truck to stall when refueled. I was not topping off, just filling. I also have this persistent small evap leak issue never resolved and one has to wonder how long before the transmission starts to give trouble.

I'm wondering now what people think...

- N

1 - 3 of 3 Posts