DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 truck with the 5.7 hemi and I don't have the bark in my tires when I step on it or a passing gear when I step on it like it had when I first bought it. Took it to two dealers and they could not find anything wrong with it.I use 93 octane in it. I bought it new so there is know previous problem. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perhaps changing where you fill it up, sometimes stations can get a less than desirable load of fuel. Also make sure throttle body is nice and clean. If it looks like it needs some attention, use ONLY throttle body / MAS cleaners. Running higher octane fuel only keeps detonation in check, doesn't make more power, unless engine is designed for high octane gas. If you're still on the stock tune, drop down to mid grade fuel. Low octane fuels burn hotter and faster. I use to be a VP Racing Fuel rep and learned ALOT about fuels, more than I'd ever know. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am burning shell 93 because it was rated as the best for keeping your engine cleaner,but I will try the mid grade and see if that helps. thanks for the input.I would not think that I would need to clean the throttle body yet,but I will give that a cleaning to.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
I am burning shell 93 because it was rated as the best for keeping your engine cleaner,but I will try the mid grade and see if that helps. thanks for the input.I would not think that I would need to clean the throttle body yet,but I will give that a cleaning to.
I run 87 in my Laramie and I can light em up anytime until the traction control kicks in.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I have noticed in mine that when the MDS is on there is a slight delay in down shifting when I hit the gas to pass on the highway. Try turning off the MDS by hitting the down shift button on the steering wheel and run in 8th gear. See if that makes it feel better.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I know on the Dodge Challengers they claim pulling fuse #2 for about a minute will reset the system to factory settings if it got used to a "granny-type" driving style.

Owners have reported a nice jump in power and response after doing this. I am not sure which fuse it is on the Ram, but some other members might. The fuses are labeled on the fuse box lid as well.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Perhaps changing where you fill it up, sometimes stations can get a less than desirable load of fuel. Also make sure throttle body is nice and clean. If it looks like it needs some attention, use ONLY throttle body / MAS cleaners. Running higher octane fuel only keeps detonation in check, doesn't make more power, unless engine is designed for high octane gas. If you're still on the stock tune, drop down to mid grade fuel. Low octane fuels burn hotter and faster. I use to be a VP Racing Fuel rep and learned ALOT about fuels, more than I'd ever know. Keep us posted.

Has your area recently switched to a seasonal (winter) blend of fuel. Depending on the area there can be some pretty noticeable changes between the blends.

·
Super Moderator
34,745 Posts
The throttle will eventually adapt to your driving style, try turning the key to run, but without starting the truck, kick the gas pedal all the way to the floor and slowly let it back up, then turn the truck off. This resets the throttle response

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I will try these ideas, as for as seasonal gas, I doubt they have that here in Louisiana.I have tried taking the traction control off, no effect and turned the MDS off and still nothing. I have a 6 speed trans.I will try resetting the throttle response.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input on the power loss, tried the ideas and it did not work. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
1982 ram 150 505 big block and T-56 tremec with a Dana 60 with posi
41 Posts
I have a 2015 truck with the 5.7 hemi and I don't have the bark in my tires when I step on it or a passing gear when I step on it like it had when I first bought it. Took it to two dealers and they could not find anything wrong with it.I use 93 octane in it. I bought it new so there is know previous problem. Any ideas would be helpful.
You done plugs, plug wires, TB clean? Maybe it needs a basic tune up? If not I’m with the other guys fill it with MID grade and see what happens🤟

1 - 14 of 14 Posts