DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help I have a 06 1500 mega cab 5.7L only after market part on it is the K&N air filter. Right now I'm stationed in Germany and don't know if I can trust the local Dodge mechanics here since they don't have these trucks over here. About a year ago I started having trouble with my power steering when I was traveling at a slow speed (5-10 mph's) and turned the wheel I noticed a tugging in the wheel and the steering got harder. When I would have it in 4x4 it would get even tougher to turn. I was told that it could be a tension pulley or the belt. So I swapped both out. Got a little better but didn't last long. Then I was told it could be the tensioner its self so I swapped that out no luck. Not to long after that the power steering went out all together so I had a mechanic install a new power steering pump. I have power steering again but when I am sitting still I only have a little to the right and none to the left. So I bled the pump and got a little more to the right but not much. Now in the last few days from the left front side I have a creak (like an old door opening) at slow speeds. It's louder when I turn the wheel to the left. I put it up on the lift and lubed what grease fittings i could find (which didn't help) and the tires are solid no movement in them by trying to rock them holding the top and bottom. Does anyone have any ideas for the steering and the creaking sound? I would be greatly in debt for any help or advice! Thanks Priest

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an issue with mine wandering down the highway. I had just replaced all the ball joints but still had a tight feeling steering. My local mechanic replaced the steering box and all was fixed. They took various pieces of the steering linkage apart to help diagnose the problem.

Not sure if it is the same with yours, but thought I would throw it out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts