DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. the power steering in my 5.2 is leaking. i have replaced the power steering pump and steering gear box recently. Also put a bottle of lucas in it too. Just wanting to know if theres anywhere these trucks commonly leak from or if theres something else i have to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
So other than looking for common leakage around all four lines on the gearbox, try looking at the rack and pinion.... See if there is any signs of leaking..... Then i would go get a couple of cans of parts cleaner and a wire brush, and go to town, on cleaning the gearbox/ rack and pinion, and all around the pump. make sure there really cleanded off....Then watch the parts over the next couple of days see if you see anything, if over a weeks time you dont see anything, my guess whould be that your pump is getting to hot and burning it off, but that is unlikley, you would deff hear that....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Check the pressure hose off the pump, mine popped a leak there from a stress crack that would seal up when it got hot but drip when cold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
solved

I m Tapeoutnate's dad

We ended up finding out the pumps we were getting from OReillys have a recall due to seal leakage-----go figure.

We are on our third pump we are installing tomorrow, different mfgr.

If you buy a PS pump from Oriellys make sure it is not recalled!!!!!!

Thanks guys,
Robb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts