DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could also go into the electrical post.

Just wanted to let eveyone know. My power sunroof stopped working months ago and since we live here in the valley of the sun, we don't use it in the summer months. Now that the days are cooler and the evenings are awsome I tried the open switch lst night. Hey it opened! WE cruised around for awhile and when we got home it wouldn't close... Off to the old interweb to do some surfing and low and behold the search found how to recalibrate sunroof from the AutoZone website. Because the switch didn't work at all I had to take the console down from the headliner (one screw in front,just above the rear view mirror then there are 2 metal tangs that hold the console to the headliner, grab ahold on each side of the console and pull straight down pops right off. Disconnect the wire from the sunroof switch, the plug has 4 conductors on it. one should be 12V power, which I didn't have, the other 3 conductors are the leads controling the vent-open and close and the full open and close sunroof mode. When I discovered no power I used a test light probe tool connecting one end to 12V power outlet on the dash and started touching the conductors on the plug until I found the ones that went to the vent and the slide. Following the instructions from AutoZone I recalibrated the sunroof manually with the probe. After getting the recal done I hooked the plug back on the sunroof switch and low and behold everything worked again. I reinstalled the console to the headliner and hit the button again and now it's like new again. This recalibration also resets the tension of the sunroof when it closes so it seals like it should.
I hope this helps you guys with power sunroofs :smileup:

·
Registered
877 Posts
There a technique to recalibrate but holding in the open button for 10 seconds and then cycling several times... Works on Jeeps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts