DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 PowerWagon,and I'm trying to find a 6" lift kit for it.
Every Lift Kit mfg that I find on the web states "Except PowerWagon" on all of their Ram 2500 kits.I have seen 2-3 2010 and newer PowerWagons that have 6" lifts on the internet,but I cannot find out if they were custom lifts,or if they just modified the lift's to work on the PowerWagon.

I was told that the steering gear box/pitman arm was different,but I don't know.The Electronic Swaybar disconect shouldn't be a problem,I'll just make some longer drop bars from the swaybar to the front axle housing.

Does anyone know of a kit for the Powerwagon,or have any idea's?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This PowerWagon is pictured in N-Fab's website,I called them and left a message asking about it,but they have not contacted me back yet.

Both of these Lifted PowerWagon's are damn good looking trucks.I just can't see paying $3k for the Pure Performance kit,and it doesn't even come with shocks.

I lifted a 1/2 ton Ram 1500 in 1984 with 12" Custom made springs on all 4 corners,and it didn't cost 3k for the entire project including 44" tires and wheels!

·
Registered
666 Posts
This PowerWagon is pictured in N-Fab's website,I called them and left a message asking about it,but they have not contacted me back yet.

Both of these Lifted PowerWagon's are damn good looking trucks.I just can't see paying $3k for the Pure Performance kit,and it doesn't even come with shocks.

I lifted a 1/2 ton Ram 1500 in 1984 with 12" Custom made springs on all 4 corners,and it didn't cost 3k for the entire project including 44" tires and wheels!
I'm not sure why you posted then. If you can do it better yourself why bother asking for information then dissing what people offer? :4-dontknow:

Before you slam Pure Performance's prices, why not call them and ask them what makes the kit worth $3k? I'm sure you could find a cheaper kit somewhere else (or according to you build it yourself) but would it be the same quality?

Duh. :zav:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure why you posted then. If you can do it better yourself why bother asking for information then dissing what people offer? :4-dontknow:

Before you slam Pure Performance's prices, why not call them and ask them what makes the kit worth $3k? I'm sure you could find a cheaper kit somewhere else (or according to you build it yourself) but would it be the same quality?

Duh. :zav:
Well,I wasn't dissing or slamming Pure Performance,but when you look at what other companies charge for something like PP's kit,and it's twice the price and doesn't include everything you will need it just seems overpriced to me.

And I have done somemore research on the subject,and there are some companies that do offer lift kits for the 2009-12 Power Wagon,and they don't cost anywhere near $3k.
Rancho has one,and with the premium shocks is around $1400,and you can get a $500 rebate thru June 31st.
BDS Suspension offers both a short and long arm kit for $1300 and $2000
Both of these mfg's have very good warranties on their products,and have been in business for quite a few years.

I'm sorry I stepped on your toes,but I was just stating a fact about Pure Performance prices-Their too proud of their stuff for me!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been thinking to myself what could make my Power Wagon that much cooler? A lift. I def. want bigger tires. I will probably stick with the stock wheels for now, but thinking about 35s if I have the cash. I heard I can run stock with 35s. That first truck I am in love with. That second pic is almost an identical truck to mine without the lift. Same color and everything.
I barely fit in my garage now. I do that, no way.. haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys i'm new to the forum. looking forward to it. I have recently purchased a new 2013 dodge power wagon, its currently at a custum shop being treated to an 8 inch lift, rims tires and other accesories. i will post pics when completed. I will also try to provide info on the lift for those of you that are looking to lifft your new power wagons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im new to this forum but I'm glad to find some other Powerwagpn owners. I have a 2006 PW and I recently put a rancho lift and 37's on mine. I searched and only lift I could find specifically for the PW was the rancho 4" lift. Had no other option than that. The lift added to the 2" stock PW suspension so my truck came out 6" taller and the 37's helped a bit as well. Maybe that might help some of you looking for lifts. I love my lift and think that for the money, $1500 including shocks and dual stabilizers, wa a great buy. I will add photos soon

·
Registered
553 Posts
Rancho has one,and with the premium shocks is around $1400,and you can get a $500 rebate thru June 31st.
BDS Suspension offers both a short and long arm kit for $1300 and $2000
Both of these mfg's have very good warranties on their products,and have been in business for quite a few years.
Both of these companies do have decent warranties. That means the parts will likely hold up for a decent amount of time. It has little to do with ride and handling. Lifts made by Pure Performance and a couple of others will handle and ride far better than the less expensive ones.

Not exactly a fair comparison.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts