DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of adding a programmer and I hear good things about the predator. My question is that I have not seen anything written about the predator having a tow mode. I have a 29ft travel trailer ~8k, and not fond of the shifting while towing. can anyone tell me if this will have a towing mode? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I do not believe there will be a tow mode, I know there wasn't for my Silverado but i am not an expert on ram yet. so anyways even though there is no tow tune, the tunes in general make the shifting a lot stronger.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The Predator does NOT have a towing mode per say. If you are running a Predator tune, you still have the traditional tow/haul button on the dash that does the same thing. It alters the shift schedule and disables the MDS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand about the tow/haul but when I select that, the shift points dont seem to change, the MDS is turned off for sure. On my older 96 Ram, the tow/haul did change the RPM and shift ponts and held it there. This '10 seems to just change the RPM for a little bit but then drops off again, not sure why. The dealer says its working the way it should. Figured a tow program would change that. I guess I have to keep digging. Thanks for the replys you guys, glad I can ask others who own Rams about this stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts